• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hydroponic peppers

bluebombersfan

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 4, 2011
Wow! I wanted to try last year but the guy at the local hydro store convinced me to use coco instead. All my plants had issues with coco.

Do you have a air pump in the bottom tub?

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
Pineywoods....

Jerry, speaking of hydroponics.... Do you have any new pictures ???

bluebombersfan

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 4, 2011
No. They just flood twice a day for 15 minutes.
So is it an Ebb and Flow system that you run? Do you have any other pictures of your set up! You have sparked my interest again in hydroponics. I went back to soil with a 600W grow light. I do get great results but would like to try my hand at a hydro system.

DrewJ

Smoke Blower
Joined Oct 17, 2017
Do you transplant these outside or do you grow them completely via hydroponics?

pineywoods

Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
Lol. It's legal here now.
It's not that it's that I have several systems if you go to the "Greenhouse" section you'll find a lot of posts that I started with hydroponic stuff

Pineywoods....

Jerry, speaking of hydroponics.... Do you have any new pictures ???
Dave I don't have much in the way of new pictures I'll start a new thread in the Greenhouse section with some stuff. Between some health problems the last several years and the hurricane this past year I haven't done much with my systems but hopefully this coming fall I can get cranked back up. I did help a local university get a protected ag program started and several hydroponic systems in that.

So is it an Ebb and Flow system that you run? Do you have any other pictures of your set up! You have sparked my interest again in hydroponics. I went back to soil with a 600W grow light. I do get great results but would like to try my hand at a hydro system.
Not to speak for the OP but since he's out of town I'll take a shot at answering. Ebb and Flow is another word for Flood and Drain and that is what his system would be considered.

Graymac

Joined May 8, 2019
Absolutely correct. Lol. 2 rubbermaid totes, water pump, 2 overflows. Have 4 tubs growing well. I grow all indoors and year round.

daveomak

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
Pineywoods, thank you... I love looking at your "garden"... So sad the hurricane "disrupted" your operation... (disrupted, not adequately describing the damage, I'm sure)....

pineywoods

Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
Here's some Scotch Bonnets I grew a few years ago
640x480px-LL-803e830a_DSCN0288.jpg

Here are some Bell Peppers
1000x500px-LL-9e804300_DSC03490.jpg

Here's some lettuce
640x480px-LL-2c5444c6_DSCN0283.jpg

Sorry for the hijack

Graymac

Joined May 8, 2019
Thank you. Getting her dialed in. Lol. Growing faster than I can plan. Lol

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.