Hydroponic peppers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Graymac

Original poster
May 8, 2019
Good morning. Anyone else growing in hydroponics. It's my second year and love the results. [
GREEN_20190505_202453.jpg
GREEN_20190505_202359.jpg

Wow! I wanted to try last year but the guy at the local hydro store convinced me to use coco instead. All my plants had issues with coco.

Do you have a air pump in the bottom tub?

No. They just flood twice a day for 15 minutes.

My scotch bonnets are on steroids. Lol. Covered in flower buds.

No. They just flood twice a day for 15 minutes.
So is it an Ebb and Flow system that you run? Do you have any other pictures of your set up! You have sparked my interest again in hydroponics. I went back to soil with a 600W grow light. I do get great results but would like to try my hand at a hydro system.

I will send some tonight when I get home. Working out of town tonight

Lol. It's legal here now.

It's not that it's that I have several systems if you go to the "Greenhouse" section you'll find a lot of posts that I started with hydroponic stuff

Pineywoods....

Jerry, speaking of hydroponics.... Do you have any new pictures ???

Dave I don't have much in the way of new pictures I'll start a new thread in the Greenhouse section with some stuff. Between some health problems the last several years and the hurricane this past year I haven't done much with my systems but hopefully this coming fall I can get cranked back up. I did help a local university get a protected ag program started and several hydroponic systems in that.

So is it an Ebb and Flow system that you run? Do you have any other pictures of your set up! You have sparked my interest again in hydroponics. I went back to soil with a 600W grow light. I do get great results but would like to try my hand at a hydro system.

Not to speak for the OP but since he's out of town I'll take a shot at answering. Ebb and Flow is another word for Flood and Drain and that is what his system would be considered.

Reactions: Graymac
Absolutely correct. Lol. 2 rubbermaid totes, water pump, 2 overflows. Have 4 tubs growing well. I grow all indoors and year round.

Pineywoods, thank you... I love looking at your "garden"... So sad the hurricane "disrupted" your operation... (disrupted, not adequately describing the damage, I'm sure)....

Here's some Scotch Bonnets I grew a few years ago
640x480px-LL-803e830a_DSCN0288.jpg

Here are some Bell Peppers
1000x500px-LL-9e804300_DSC03490.jpg

Here's some lettuce
640x480px-LL-2c5444c6_DSCN0283.jpg

Sorry for the hijack

Reactions: bluebombersfan
Very nice. I dont have the space so I keep mine small.

Here is my basement garden.

Attachments

• 20190509_175229.jpg
    20190509_175229.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: daveomak
Thank you. Getting her dialed in. Lol. Growing faster than I can plan. Lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky