Hydroponic Growing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Mar 22, 2008
Florida
So with wanting to get the Greenhouse set up going I also wanted to do some hydroponic growing so I bought a couple small systems. I don't have them set up yet in fact I just went and picked up the second one yesterday but while there I took a few pics and here they are.

42ea87d7_DSC03017.jpg

b5b861b0_DSC03018.jpg

01810b89_DSC03025.jpg

ddca3972_DSC03028.jpg

Reactions: todderic
Thats very cool.I forgot to ask ya last time we were talkin about these,how do you plan on fertilize this unit? Does it have some sort of injector pump for liquid fertilizer? Or do you just add grandular fertilizer?...Seeing the strawberries does make me happy though!!!!!

I'm looking forward to your updates Jerry, I think I'd really enjoy gardening agian if I had a setup like that

OMG !!!

That's Awesome Jerry!

I could live in there when the strawberries are ripe!

Bear

This project may be worth a trip up there to give you hand.  Nothing like trading labor for knowledge.

Al

Les all the nutrients are in the water which is mixed in tanks at the end of the rows.

It should be fun once I finally get to setting it up I'm still in the site prep stage tho
mad.gif
  I do expect to have it up and running before the Gathering tho

Here's what the site still looks like I'm in the process of digging stumps when I have the chance to work on it

397eadcb_DSC02979.jpg

bf203a7b_DSC02980.jpg

2035d3b5_DSC02983.jpg

Look like someone will be getting some seat time in the tractor. 

hey piney,  thats looks awesome,,   but being in Miami i got a whole different look on he hydroponic growing,,  usually some illegal activity going on!

Very Cool Jerry...  Can I come along with Bear when the Strawberrys are Ripe, We will guard the place for you ...
icon_mrgreen.gif

So I'm getting there I finally got the stumps all dug out and got it closer to being done I need to pick up some of the smaller pieces of wood and have the site graded which I should do in the next week or so. I bought the Greenhouse yesterday it's 18x48 and should be installed in the next couple weeks. I also added to the hydroponic system size. So hopefully it won't be too much longer and it'll be up and running. Here's a few more pics of the site with the stumps gone and the two brush piles burnt I stacked some of the stumps on those piles before burning them and that new pile back behind the area is more stumps from the cleared area.

e52a5cdb_DSC03035.jpg

0adcf7e4_DSC03036.jpg

00c6b595_DSC03037.jpg

08673e02_DSC03041.jpg

Jeanie I'd love to add some shrimp but not sure if I can actually do it. It would have to come down the line at some point but I haven't completely given up on the idea

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky