Hurricane Ida Forecast to Become a CAT4

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Been Cooking for 60 since Sunday...breakfast and supper. Tonight we are eating ground buffalo spaghetti. One of the firefighter's on shift; his father in law donated 120 pounds of exotic meats for meals to feed the crews. Bear, Buffalo, Nilgai Antelope, Moose, elk...and I don't know what else.
Local grocer donated 40# of catfish that was thawing out in the freezers. Got meals planned out for the next 7 days. Not in any particular order....
Buffalo spaghetti tonight
Moose stew with carrots and potatoes
blackened catfish
fried fish and FF
pulled pork
pork carnitas
Ground Nilgai/beef brisket burgers

Doing what I can to help feed a bunch of guys that are busting their azzes......

Coordinating with the Mississippi chapter of the Saltwater Mafia, which is a nonprofit of fishermen, to provide meals to some of the hardest hit areas From Ida. They have 4 large cook trailers; 2 for frying and 2 for BBQing. I will volunteer once things settle down here at home and I'm no longer needed to feed the firemen.

Levee breach in LaPlace, and this is the other one in Braithwaite, New Orleans east...

Entire city of New Orleans is NOT flooded like what happened for Katrina.

Catastrophic damage @ Port Fouchon and Grand Isle...@ the 1:10 minute mark, at the foot of the bridge on the right, that use to be Bridge Side Marina. It is GONE. Totally destroyed.

Last edited:
I cant even Fathom trying to recover from that kind of devastation as a Young and Strong man, let alone the the hundreds if not thousands of Old Folks and Handicapped individuals. My Heart goes out to all who have been affected and hope for a quick recovery without BS delays from the Government, Insurance Companies and the Crooks and Rip-Off Construction Companies...JJ

I sure do you hope we hear from our coonass barbecue cousins here soon.
Disasters like this are when no news is not necessarily good news.

The only small, saving grace on hurricane Ida was that it's damaging windfield was much smaller than Katrina even though more powerful.
Ida's catastrophic wind speed field was approximately 40 miles across whereas Katrina's was almost 100 miles across.

In weird news stories....
Anyone here about the guy that's missing and presumed dead after being attacked by an alligator while walking in hurricane Ida floodwaters.
Damn, now that is some seriously crappy luck.

And after watching that report, all I can say is that reporter is by far the crappiest reporter I have ever seen. He must be blowing his boss to keep his job....he is the absolute sh!ts.

Those videos are brutal, I can not even fathom what something like that must feel like.
I'll stick with a major earthquake every 20+ years, thank you.

Best of luck to everyone effected, what a sad deal...you guys have been getting hammered yearly down there.
I couldn't do it.

Been Cooking for 60 since Sunday...breakfast and supper. Tonight we are eating ground buffalo spaghetti. One of the firefighter's on shift; his father in law donated 120 pounds of exotic meats for meals to feed the crews. Bear, Buffalo, Nilgai Antelope, Moose, elk...and I don't know what else.
Local grocer donated 40# of catfish that was thawing out in the freezers. Got meals planned out for the next 7 days. Not in any particular order....
Buffalo spaghetti tonight
Moose stew with carrots and potatoes
blackened catfish
fried fish and FF
pulled pork
pork carnitas
Ground Nilgai/beef brisket burgers

Doing what I can to help feed a bunch of guys that are busting their azzes......

Glad you and yours are all good without damage. Your a good man I'm sure those firefighters appreciate good meals a couple times a day. As an ex firefighter that has been involved with a few hurricanes I know how good it is to eat well when putting in the hours and work they are.

Hopefully we hear from the other members around there before to long but they may not have power or cell service or may have more important things going on right now but we can still hope to hear from them soon

Good to know ya'll are alive and healthy, no damage to property, everything else is just a bad inconvenience.

Okay... @foamheart and 73saint 73saint
Hope ya'll are doing as well as indaswamp indaswamp .
Thanks for Checking in Chile, how have you been man?

we are hanging tough. Got hammered by the storm in Harahan La, on the river. But only slight roof damage and trees down everywhere. Been running the generator since Monday and we’ve manage to keep a good stock of iceand fuel.
It’s hot as two rats in a wool sock!

I got power turned on at the house @10pm tonight so I went back to the firehouse to grab my bags and my dog. Plugged in the freezers and refrigerators, took a shower, shaved and now I'm going to bed. Long day tomorrow.

bdskelly bdskelly - thanks for the update on Foam. It is pretty bad in Thibadeaux and Houma. People from all over down there are driving north for provisions, food, water and gas. Met people from Galliano, Raceland, Thibadeaux, and LaPlace today shopping in town.

I got to hand it to Associated Grocers- they are keeping their grocers fully stocked with 6-8 trucks per store per day. Pretty awesome Logistically speaking....and I imagine it will be this way for the foreseeable future until everyone has power south to the coast.

Had about a dozen plates of breakfast leftover this morning...bacon, scrambled eggs, hash browns, and biscuits. I made a bunch of plates and rode around looking for line crews. Some of those guys have not had a hot meal in days. They really appreciated it.

Those guys are sleeping in their trucks at the staging area....dedicated bunch helping get the power up as fast as they can.

Before Hurricane Ida...
IMG_1951.jpg

After Hurricane Ida...
IMG_1952.jpg

A Louisiana Icon wiped off the map. This is in Leeville which is about 18 miles north of Port Fourchon where the eye of Ida made landfall. The bait shop owners do not plan on rebuilding.

Had about a dozen plates of breakfast leftover this morning...bacon, scrambled eggs, hash browns, and biscuits. I made a bunch of plates and rode around looking for line crews. Some of those guys have not had a hot meal in days. They really appreciated it.

Those guys are sleeping in their trucks at the staging area....dedicated bunch helping get the power up as fast as they can.
Sure glad you are all safe. What a wild ride.

Reactions: indaswamp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky