Hunting And Fishing Thread!?!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That's an amazing shot! Hope you caught some fish :)
TBM, Daily limit that day,one Lake Trout and one salmon.
IMG_0624 1.jpg

Anyone else out there have a bird dog? In addition to all the fishing and other hunting I do all year, my passion has been chasing my English Setter around the fields and woods.
K9BD, My camp partner has a great yellow lab for retrieving partridge.
IMG_0511.JPG

Last edited:
View attachment 660744

With bow, walked right up to me, then ran bleeding all down hill for 150 yards... I had to drag it all the way back up to the road. I won't be needing a heart stress test... I survived!! (barely)
Nice work on bagging the buck!

Anyone else out there have a bird dog? In addition to all the fishing and other hunting I do all year, my passion has been chasing my English Setter around the fields and woods.
View attachment 660745
View attachment 660753

Awesome pics and nice haul! :D

Reactions: eaglewing
Any other trappers out there? These coons are #13 and #14 of the winter. Thankfully, in Missouri, they have extended the trapping season well into April (for property owners).

We have trapped one racoon per 8.2 acres so far. We are going to hit it hard again right before turkey season and hopefully get the average to under one racoon per 5 acres....or 25 total coons trapped. Possums and skunks are a bonus, but we haven't trapped any of them yet.

IMG_9784 (1).jpg

Any other trappers out there? These coons are #13 and #14 of the winter. Thankfully, in Missouri, they have extended the trapping season well into April (for property owners).

We have trapped one racoon per 8.2 acres so far. We are going to hit it hard again right before turkey season and hopefully get the average to under one racoon per 5 acres....or 25 total coons trapped. Possums and skunks are a bonus, but we haven't trapped any of them yet.

View attachment 660885
Not a racoon trapper but I occasionally catch possums in my squirrel trap.

I have found that if I don't pop the possums they are so dumb they just keep getting caught non-stop over and over.

I only trap and pop the squirrels because they are chewing up my house and everything on my property. I thinned them out pretty well but have been hearing some activity lately so may have to remove about 5-6 that are brave enough to come near my home lol.

View attachment 660885
I havent trapped in years. Time has a lot to do with it, but at the same time, there isnt any money in it! Like to the point it gets expensive to just do it! On top of that, there isnt anyone in the area taking fur. My buddy down the road did for years, but stopped a few years ago due to the prices. Since then he has moved to NM. I do miss it! Ill post some pics if i can find them!

One week until shotgun turkey season and we have now trapped 20 raccoons and 3 possums. We are now down to one trapped critter per 5 acres...which was the goal.

FWIW - only 1 possum was caught in a foothold trap, the rest were in live traps.

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky