how's your pile looking?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

phathead69

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2016
TN
20180121_093125.jpg
This is the pile close to my smoker Im using now. Right rack 7ft x 40 inch hickory and apple. Left rack is fire pit wood.
20180120_114956.jpg
Hickory and apple ready to be moved up to smoker pile 7ft x 4ft 2rows deep.
20180120_135730.jpg
Split yesterday 4ft x 5ft for this coming fall, all hickory.

Phathead, can't say mine in any way, manor or fashion compares to yours. My pile is sitting on a shelf in my garage in plastic bags or in a bucket. Looks like a whole lotta wood.

Chris

Thanks AL and gmc it's probably a lot of wood compared to other stick burners. Kindly why I posted it. I know my FB is little bit small when ran thru various calculators. To late as it was built before i found out there are ideal size parameters. I go thru a lot of wood on some smokes and less on other smokes . I know ambient conditions affect wood consumption. Just wanting to see how much wood others use for personal smoking:). Meat of course.

IMG_7226.JPG
IMG_7225.JPG
IMG_7224.JPG
IMG_7223.JPG
IMG_7222.JPG
I think I've got enough for a while. These are all my cooking woods. 7 different kinds. All almost a year stacked

I'm past halfway through the maple I got in October 2016. It will be time to start looking around soon. My offset is not very big (see sig) so it doesn't go through fuel very quickly.

Dang moto your wood poor. I'd have trouble keeping species identified and choosing the one for the task at hand. Nice, powered splitter or hand split? Most recent stack I hand split and two days later still feeling the burn.

IMG_5269.JPG
IMG_5054.JPG
I get all that wood for free myself and my chainsaw. The red engine is a bigger engine I put in. Hand built myself. Screw and all. I did buy the hardend tip off eBay

Piles mine are gone a few years ago OH sorry wood pile mine is low gave up wood stove went to pellet stove and don't have the wood pile anymore. Use to be like 5 cords a year.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky