• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

How's it goin eh?!? New to the forum from the Great White North!

TheMoose

Joined Jan 21, 2020
Hi everybody!!

Just wanted to introduce myself, I've come across the SMF a few times doing research for different smoking related adventures and decided I absolutely need to join what seems to be a supportive, welcoming community of fellow Meatatarians!

I myself have been smoking meats for just shy of ten years, and like many of you I'm sure am completely self taught through trial, error and lots of reading! I really enjoy smoking sausages, summer sausage, pastrami, snack sticks, whole birds, the list goes on! I have yet to experiment with cold smoking, but I'm keen!!

I hope to be of help, when/if I can, and look forward to learning from the many years of experience of the membership!

Happy smoking!

JC in GB

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 28, 2018
Welcome from Wisconsin. :emoji_cat: Lots of great folks and advice to be had on this forum.

JC :emoji_cat:

HalfSmoked

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Welcome glad to have you on board. For sure my beginnings was a lot of trial and burn but with eatable results although maybe not the best.
Great bunch of guys and gals on here with a wiliness to help.

Warren

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
Welcome from Utah, Moose! When I started out I learned by the T&E method with an old water smoker. When I bought my Great Outdoor Smokey Mountain propane smoker, I stumbled upon a Yahoo group for GOSM smokers that was started by out very own Jeff Phillips. When he decided to take the plunge and do his own web page, I just tagged along (IIRC-I was the 3rd person to register with SMF).
Looking forward to reading your posts

udaman

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 31, 2015
welcome from the great white north
where u from in canada
iam in the london onartio area

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Welcome to SMF!
Glad to have you join us!
Al

BaxtersBBQ

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 5, 2020
Welcome from NY! I’m also a newbie. I’ve been a member for a few weeks and have to say you’ll love it. Great community here!

WildewoodBBQ

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 3, 2020
Welcome from MD! Been browsing for awhile, just joined last month and loving it.

Enjoy the people, couldn’t be friendlier and more helpful across this the board with any topic.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.