Howdy!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

once a marine

Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
Coastal North Carolina
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking around, collecting information in the forums and rest of the website. My couple of weeks here doing recon have guided me to purchasing a Master Forge Two Door veritcal smoker from Lowe's, along with a couple of "upgrades" for rope gaskets around the doors, and a Maverick ET-732 system (and probably the pellet smoke tube next). I've also used the forums for guidance of my first smoke - a 6lb pork boston butt that became a nice bowl full of pulled pork - I'll probably post a few pics about that in the Pork forum (or would it be appropriate here?)

I just bought my first home in Coastal North Carolina, after 21 years in the San Diego area (and a one year temporary stay "back home" in the Philly suburbs where I grew up). I love this area (found it visiting friends last year), and am lucky to have a job that allows me to live wherever I chose (as long as I have stable and fast internet access, that is). 

I'm new to smoking/bbq'ing, and I appreciate the presence of a site like this and the wealth of knowledge it contains. My thanks to those who have provided the info I've already used, and to those that I'll be "plundering" shortly! I hope that eventually I'll be able to contribute and return the favor.

Pete

Hi Pete! 
welcome1.gif
to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place, we have over 40,000 members and over 800,000 posts so you should be able to find almost anything you want to know. Remember the search bar at the top can be your best friend for finding answers fast!

You might want to check out Jeff's Free 5 day E-course it will teach you all the basics and a whole lot more!

You can start a new thread in the Pork forum for the Q-view of your pulled pork, you should get a lot more exposure to it that way

Thank You Very Much for your Service!!! 
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Hello Pete and 
welcome1.gif
to SMF - glad you joined in the fun 

usa.gif
Thank you for your service 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky