• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Howdy ya'll

hero23

Joined Jan 1, 2008
Love the site! Loads of info for a beginner like me. I have smoked ribs twice here in Dallas with today being the 2nd time. After the 1st time I thought I was a pro, they were awesome. However, today they turned out a little more crispy on the outside. Not sure exactly what happened. I have a basic Brinkmans charcoal smoker. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

meowey

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 16, 2006
Welcome to SMF! Check out Jeff's 5-day ecourse and look for posts on 3-2-1 ribs. Glad you found us!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

richtee

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 12, 2007
Welcome to SMF, Hero. As far as the ribs, I can think of at least 3 things that could cause that, alone or in tandem. Temps, rubs, methods of smoking. And I bet I missed a couple...it's early- still on-first cup of coffee. With a little more info, we could most likely pinpoint the trouble tho.

Check out the 3-2-1 method as mentioned, and read the 5 day ecourse if ya have not. And there's gotta be eleventy-hundred posts concerning ribs here.

Enjoy yer time here!

ds7662

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 30, 2007
Welcome to SMF! You have already gotten some great advice. Good luck.

homebrew & bbq

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Sep 21, 2007
Welcome to SMF! This is a great place for learning about smoking. The folks here are more than willing to share their experience, so don't be shy about asking questions.

bigal

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 21, 2006
Welcome to SMF! Plenty of info here, check out the pork forum to read about 3-2-1 ribs.

Ribs are a tuff one to get right consistantly. Best part is the practice!

crewdawg52

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 7, 2007
Big Howdy and Welcome to SMF. Hope ya enjoy the place as much as we do, and dont be shy!

cman95

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 15, 2007
Welcome to SMF. This is THE place to be.

stacks

Smoke Blower
Joined Nov 15, 2007
Welcom to SMF Hero. The best advice has already been given. Learn the 3-2-1 on the ribs and keep your temperature steady. Your Q will be the talk of the town in no time.

cowgirl

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 2, 2007
Welcome to the SMF Hero, glad to have you aboard. :)

gooose53

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 17, 2007
Welcome to the forum!! Tons of good info here.....

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.