Howdy ya'll

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hero23

Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
Love the site! Loads of info for a beginner like me. I have smoked ribs twice here in Dallas with today being the 2nd time. After the 1st time I thought I was a pro, they were awesome. However, today they turned out a little more crispy on the outside. Not sure exactly what happened. I have a basic Brinkmans charcoal smoker. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to SMF! Check out Jeff's 5-day ecourse and look for posts on 3-2-1 ribs. Glad you found us!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Welcome to SMF, Hero. As far as the ribs, I can think of at least 3 things that could cause that, alone or in tandem. Temps, rubs, methods of smoking. And I bet I missed a couple...it's early- still on-first cup of coffee. With a little more info, we could most likely pinpoint the trouble tho.

Check out the 3-2-1 method as mentioned, and read the 5 day ecourse if ya have not. And there's gotta be eleventy-hundred posts concerning ribs here.

Enjoy yer time here!

Welcome to SMF! This is a great place for learning about smoking. The folks here are more than willing to share their experience, so don't be shy about asking questions.

Welcome to SMF! Plenty of info here, check out the pork forum to read about 3-2-1 ribs.

Ribs are a tuff one to get right consistantly. Best part is the practice!

Welcom to SMF Hero. The best advice has already been given. Learn the 3-2-1 on the ribs and keep your temperature steady. Your Q will be the talk of the town in no time.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky