Howdy Y'all - Q'in from North Carolina in my BGE's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

webrider

Original poster
Jun 30, 2012
North Carolina
I've been a BBQ and Smoker fan for years.  I've owned many different models and types of smokers.  While living in Texas for those many years, I had a large, custom made, smoker with a side box that was a treat to use.  It was a 'built-in' on my patio and could not move with us when we retired here to the east coast.  I now have a couple Big Green Eggs that I use to smoke with, which my the way, I really love.  I also have several different gas grills, you know the big one on the patio, the portables for camping or tailgating, etc.

I am a fan of Big Green Egg smoker grills also known as BGE. 

I usually use TapaTalk on my little i-device to follow forums. 

Yes, I am over weight, some.  Too much of the good life, and my gym membership has not corrected this problem for me.  Maybe I should go visit it more.

I have multiple hobbies, but this brings me to a problem I have.  I have real trouble choosing which hobby is my favorite.  I enjoy camping, fishing, boating, kayaking, ham radio, guitar playing, music in general, Blues, Rock'n Blues, Blue Grass, Classical, & Country music specifically, bicycling, grilling, smoking on my BGE's, hanging with my family, old fashioned dutch oven cooking, and reading.  My family also shares most of my hobbies with me. 

I'm known on the water as "Tug".  I would have used this name here too, except that it did not meet the minimum requirements for a username.

I use pure hardwood lump charcoal only in my Big Green Eggs.  I do use regular charcoal briquettes for dutch oven cooking.

We enjoy watching Swamp People, Ice Road Truckers, Jeopardy and The Big Bang Theory.

Now that you know a bit about me, I'll be cruising around, enjoying this website.

Chow!

Hi Tug! 
welcome1.gif
 [color= rgb(24, 24, 24)]to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place, there's lot's of great people here who love to share and help each other out! Would you do us a favor and update your profile to include your location, Thanks! [/color]Sounds like you have a lot of good experience to share as well! Looking forward to seeing/hearing some of your talents!

Hello Tug and 
welcome1.gif
to SMF - glad to have you here 

Howdy Tug ! You'll fit right in. Alot of great info here...not only Q but growing & harvesting a garden, etc.

I see you also love audio (play & enjoy)...check out  http://www.theaudioannex.com/forum/   there is a member there that has a BGE like yours.....check it out. I'm barney over there.

These guys & gals here are just like family....cry, laugh, & say prayers together.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky