Howdy from Portland

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Zalick

Original poster
Apr 5, 2020
Portland
Hi all - been reading/learning from this forum for a few years now. Haven't felt my skills were to up commenting/contributing until this year. Been smoking a ton since March.... :emoji_sunglasses::emoji_sunglasses:

Being from Portland and having Joe Traeger just a few minutes down south, my family has been using Traegers since the 90s. But never truly smoking. Always just grilling steaks, chickens, turkey and burgers.

About 4 years ago I decided to jump in the smoking game and got a GMG. I use an amazn tube 100% of the time when I smoke now. Iove it.

My setup:
GMG DB orginal w/ Doug Fisher upper rack on order
Primo XL (primarily for pizza and 900deg searing) - have not smoked with it yet.
Soon to have a 17" blackstone on the side tray of the GMG

Thanks to you all for making this forum so great and a wealth of information! Every recipe I've followed has turned out delicious and anyone who eats it is blown away.

Todd

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky