• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

how well does he minion method work with reverse smokers

phillip p smith

Smoke Blower
Joined Dec 5, 2013
I have a trailer mounted 5 ft. reverse flow smoker with a 17 x 17 x 27 fire box. And I would like to know if any of you have experience using  the minion method in this type smoker?

rlk438

Smoke Blower
Joined May 24, 2013
I haven't been able to get it to work on mine. So will follow this and see if anyone can give pointers

ribwizzard

Master of the Pit
Joined May 10, 2012
I think it all would depend on air inlet design and location. I set mine up for wood burning, but would design them differently if I ran charcoal.

Post a pick of your firebox and then we could suggest the best way to build your basket.

ribwizzard

Master of the Pit
Joined May 10, 2012
Can one of the moderators walk Phillip through posting picks?

Much more fun this way, getting the whole group involved!

phillip p smith

Smoke Blower
Joined Dec 5, 2013
I have copied and read and tried to get my computer to do this.That is not the problem.

My machine had a virus and now my computer will ( word edited) not let me post pictures.

Last edited:

gary s

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
Maybe you can get it back to normal, as much as we count on them real pane in the you know what when they are acting up.

Just thinking out loud unless you had  pretty big lines of charcoal, not sure it you would generate enough heat ????  I have used charcoal & charcoal/wood and just wood in my RF I have to get a nice fire going to heat it up and stay at temp.

Gary

rlk438

Smoke Blower
Joined May 24, 2013

Since he is having trouble with pictures. Here is the back of mine. Do we need close up of fire box. I do have one of the very first BBQ gurus on it.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.