How to use the new forum.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I often use... Threads with my replies.... and My threads.....
Those seem to be missing.....

I have placed "Your threads/posts" as well as "Watched threads/posts" under the Home menu for now. Still moving stuff around to see what works best and I appreciate the input.

Reactions: daveomak
I have placed "Your threads/posts" as well as "Watched threads/posts" under the Home menu for now. Still moving stuff around to see what works best and I appreciate the input.

That is handy and a good place for them...
Thanks Jeff......

Dave

I liked the Your threads spot. pretty cool feature. Enjoyed our conversation the other day as well. look forward to talking again soon.

That's much easier to find! Thanks TulsaJeff TulsaJeff you're doing a great job! And I swear... you're the only one successful at teaching us old dogs new tricks! I'm not even that old either.

Thanks again!
Ryan

Having an odd problem with this website, or more likely, my home PC.
I'm using my phone right now, because when I try to get onto this site, it comes up for about a half-second, then the screen just goes blank/white. Tried a couple different saved pages and it's the same with them. This seems to be the only website affected.
I already tried clearing my browser history. Any other ideas?

I'm using my phone right now, because when I try to get onto this site, it comes up for about a half-second, then the screen just goes blank/white. Tried a couple different saved pages and it's the same with them. This seems to be the only website affected.
I saw a few people saying you had to disable your ad blocker for smf to work on pc

Sounds like a problem between the forum and an ad blocker.

As a premier member you are already browsing ad free so try disabling your ad blocker for smokingmeatforums.com.

If it is already disabled for this site then simply disable your ad blocker altogether and then re-enable it and that should correct the problem.

Let me know if you need further help with this.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Sounds like a problem between the forum and an ad blocker.

As a premier member you are already browsing ad free so try disabling your ad blocker for smokingmeatforums.com.

If it is already disabled for this site then simply disable your ad blocker altogether and then re-enable it and that should correct the problem.

Let me know if you need further help with this.
I still have a hankering for some smoked party mix!

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: TulsaJeff
I had the same issue yesterday but mine just froze up after a couple of seconds. Had to manually shut down.
Honestly don’t know if an ad blocker is involved but I haven’t had anything like that happen before. Other sites work fine.
On the I pad now maybe I’ll try again in a bit.

I am starting to get ads popping up..I'm pretty sure I have been a lifetime premiere member for around 11 years or so. Any help would be great..Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

I guess I’ll stick to the I-Pad for now. It sounds like there’s an issue
of some kind and I really hate using the power button to shut down the laptop....

Let me check out the ad situation and I will report back. All premier members should be completely ad-free.

Thank you for your patience with this!

Reactions: jaxgatorz
None premier member here, but I started getting the "Ah Snap" error page showing up. I never got this error before. I know it's not on my side as I can visit other forums without issue.

Chris

Let me check out the ad situation and I will report back. All premier members should be completely ad-free.

Thank you for your patience with this!
These are what the ads look like. They pop up. Play till the end then disappear. Then rinse and repeat
Screenshot_20211129_121910.png

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky