How to trim a brisket flat?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

newbtoq

Original poster
Dec 7, 2018
So bought a flat from Costco .Looked online for basic of trimming the edges and the fat cap etc .think I understand the basics. However when I started getting into this bad boy there's a big thick, hard vein of fat running through the center of this thing.

What do I do? Do I leave it? Cut this sucker in half? I just don't know...help!! IMG_20181207_175705.jpg IMG_20181207_175644.jpg IMG_20181207_175705.jpg
IMG_20181207_175705.jpg

Looks like not just flat but a portion of the point too. You can leave it as is. Much of it will render and keep the meat moist, then remove excess before slicing if it bothers you. Many folks love some fat with there lean meat, ME, so just cook, as is, and slice. Or, remove it first and cook two thinner pieces...JJ

Reactions: newbtoq
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky