• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

How to tell if it’s juices or water

Bobby Strange

Joined Dec 30, 2019
I have a round eye roast in my sous vide right now...as of now she has been in a bath at 135 for about 9 hours...I’m noticing that she seems covered in juices...my question is, is there a way to tell if it’s water or just the juices extracting from the roast...and even if it would be water, is the roast ruined? Cant
You just dry it off and sear it when finished? Thanks!

dan skarr

Joined Aug 19, 2013
I have a round eye roast in my sous vide right now...as of now she has been in a bath at 135 for about 9 hours...I’m noticing that she seems covered in juices...my question is, is there a way to tell if it’s water or just the juices extracting from the roast...and even if it would be water, is the roast ruined? Cant
You just dry it off and sear it when finished? Thanks!
It's probably just the juices from the roast. Is there any juice in the water bath? If you had a hole in the bag that water bath would be full of juice. Use that juice to make your gravy, it's super delicious.

rbnice1

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 22, 2017
If the bag is leaking you should be able to see the transfer in the water bath. That said I have had a couple bags leak a bit and not had any issue.

Usually if I am doing a long cook. I double bag stuff.

eddiememphis

Meat Mopper
Joined Jun 22, 2019
Pull it out, dry it off and give it a squeeze. One minute out of the water is not going to ruin your cook. If it's leaking, put it in a new bag with the juice and seal it up. Plop it back in the water and keep on truckin'.

I am more concerned about you calling a roast "she".

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.