How the heck do the BBQ Gurus (DigiQ, etc.) work?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scvinegarpepper

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 23, 2010
Lowcountry, SC
I'm very intrigued by these. But I'm still a little confused as to what they are or how they work. Is it basically a temperature regulator? How does it work? Also, does it only work for charcoal, or does it work for propane cookers also? I just got a new Master Forge propane unit from Lowe's. Haven't even assembled it yet. But if this thing keeps the heat consistent like an oven, I think I might like to try it out. I did a quick search on the site but couldn't find much on their basic function and info. Thanks for any help.

TB

They work by controlling the air flow to the smoker. When the temp goes down they push in air, when the temp goes up they shut down the air flow. I don't know if they have a model for propane. If they do I would imagine it would control the gas flow to the burner & adjust the flame. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky