How Our Thanksgiving has changed over 52 years

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You started a great thread here, John. Brings back memories for everyone.
Up until we moved up here, we always had big holiday meals with family and friends. For the last 10 years, its been the 3 of us (4 since the grandson was born) and whatever strays we knew of with nowhere to go. This year it was just Miss Linda and me.
We have the same problem up here--lots of idiots having big gatherings and spreading the Covid. So stay safe and have a great (best that you can) Turkey Day.
Gary

Thank You Gary!!
Some people don't learn unless it hits them, and then too often, it's too late.
You & Mis Linda Stay Safe Buddy!!

Bear

Great to get old, ain't it John. That Aortic valve from a cow.....I sure hope they gave you one that was smoked. :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing:
Gary

LOL I didn't get to see it---I was sleeping when they put it in. I do however get a whiff of smoke now & then, even without my Smoker going.:emoji_wink:

Bear

Great Story, John. The older you get the faster time goes by.
Usually we have a house full, not this year. Just Me , Bobbie, Grandson and his Bride (Who live with us, Baby due Jan. 7th) Maybe her Dad.
#1 son is having a get together at his house for him, wife and 3 kids and her parents
be different this year for sure.

Gary

Thanks Gary!!
Just hoping everybody gets through this one safely, so things can go back close to normal in 2021, and on.

Bear

Thanks for sharing, Bear. Brought back many memories of people who've moved on, both family and friends.

This year it will just be me, my wife, and probably enough food to last until Christmas. We'll be Zooming with the kids for a sense of family.

Be well and thanks for staying safe everyone.

Ray

Thank You Ray!!
Sounds like you're using the old Bean, and will stay safe to see another Holiday Season!!
That's what I like to see.

Bear

Good story Bear. It is a shame we have to separate our family gatherings but it is for the best. Things will remain changed for a long time to come. As many lose their jobs that will most likely never return as businesses close.
We have canceled our usual family gathering too.

Warren

Good story Bear. It is a shame we have to separate our family gatherings but it is for the best. Things will remain changed for a long time to come. As many lose their jobs that will most likely never return as businesses close.
We have canceled our usual family gathering too.

Warren

Yup---It's a shame, but Personally I think people should be helped, just as if it was a Hurricane or any other catastrophe.
Maybe that's just me.
And Thanks for the Like, Warren.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky