How much can you fit into a GMG Daniel Boone?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Tom Jones

Original poster
Jun 12, 2018
I had planned on making some ribs for my family, 5 people, on Father's Day. Things have snowballed and now I'm cooking for the entire extended family.

What is the largest amount of food that I can smoke at once on the Daniel Boone? I would like to cook one or two briskets and as many St. Louis style pork ribs as possible.

One option is to cook 2 briskets first, then put them in a cooler. Then, cook 7 sets of ribs in a rack.

Has anyone ever tried cooking on the second rack that GMG sells? How much can I fit up there? Will it fit ribs in a rack or do they need to be laying flat?

Any other ideas for cooking as much ribs and briskets as possible?

Ribs take up a lot of room without a rib rack.
I can get two 16# Packers in my DB, but don't think the second rack would fit as it doesn't slide in, but has legs. Highly doubtful a rib rack would fit on top of the second rack. I could measure the clearance if you like. I usually use the second rack for foil pans with beans or mac n cheese.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky