how many ribs needed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Pony keg of something like any of the Samuel Adams offerings, Yuengling, Shiner Bock or such, beers with real flavor and body.
Or any of the Samuel Smith's offering, Imperial Stout, Taddy Porter or etc.
Guinness, Negrp Modelo and so many more.

The hell you say?
No meat on Shiners aka beef back ribs, but Chuck ribs and Plate ribs are big'ol hunks of meat.
But still... 3-4 bones is about right for those with a good appetite.

Chuck or Plate are meaty enough that 2 are a nice serving. But with them Shiners, the little meat there is, shrinks away to two bites per rib.

Years ago 1989, I was training in Oklahoma on the OU Campus. We headed up to OKC to a place on 35. The name escapes me but they had a Conestoga Wagon on the sign. You could get the full variety of steaks but their best known for the Special. All You Could Eat, Sirloin Steak or Mesquite Smoked Beef Back Ribs, $10.95, $12.95 for Both. It was a favorite hangout of the OU Football Players. The crew I was with must have chewed through 10 bones a piece plus a couple of 8oz Steaks each...JJ

Ed
KJ, With all your other goodies ,half a rack is fine IMHO.
Pony keg of something like any of the Samuel Adams offerings, Yuengling, Shiner Bock or such, beers with real flavor and body.
Or any of the Samuel Smith's offering, Imperial Stout, Taddy Porter or etc.
Guinness, Negrp Modelo and so many more.
You would throw Yuengling in my face still not available in MO. plenty of great micro brews out there

You would throw Yuengling in my face still not available in MO. plenty of great micro brews out there

Kevin J,

I know the hardship!! No Yuengling here in Oklahoma. But on my way Back to my wife's hometown, East Prairie MO. , going thru Arkansas there are some places that now sell it. And of course I will do a "pitstop" for gas and "snacks"

Kevin J,

I know the hardship!! No Yuengling here in Oklahoma. But on my way Back to my wife's hometown, East Prairie MO. , going thru Arkansas there are some places that now sell it. And of course I will do a "pitstop" for gas and "snacks"
Went to the smokes this fall and found it there they said they just started to carry it. so here is hoping it will be moving further west soon

They still forcing you Oklahoma boys to drink 3.2 Domestic Beer? Spent a lot of the 90's in and out of Norman, OK. I never got the point. We just drank more shots...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky