How many also Homebrew

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mcoppin

Original poster
Mar 11, 2007
North Dakota
I am new to the forum, but was wondering how many also homebrew. I brew my own wine and beer and know a lot of fellow home brewers who also like to smoke meats. I have also been making my own sausage for years, but have tended to make most of it fresh. I was afraid to smoke sausage, because I was not sure what I was doing and did not want to ruin a whole 50# batch. I am glad to find this forum where I can get anwers when I need them.

i used to make a lot of fruit wines , have'nt done any for a few years though , thye are fun to make but do take a lot longer than beer , i have done beer too , wine making is more fun than beer , my wines caused quite a few hangovers in our kittke town over the years , even the local sergant of police and his wife got fall down drunk more than once no my pawpaw and banana wine , and or pineapple wine .when my dad was still alive he made a couple of deadly brews potato wine , and beetroot wine.

hell yeah,I brew wine for the mrs,and some beer also....love to make sausage and thought Id join here to learn and do a little smokin !

I was gonna get into home brew, until I tasted a friends "home brew". For the price of home brew, I figured in the price of toilet paper too. I'd be better off drink'n the cheapest beer made and pretend that it is my "brew". Every time I even think of it, I reach for toilet paper!

Good way to clean a colon................and a toilet too!

Been homebrewing for close to 20 years. Started because I like microbrews and imports and at the time I couldn't get anything but domestics in ND. I have made several really good beers and just as many like BigAl was talking about (TP quality). The good ones are really good however. Now I can get tons of great beer to accompany bar-b-que food, so I don't brew as much beer. I do lots of wine because of a huge supply of fruits my dad gives me.
Like home brewing, I am getting into smoking because I have tasted some really good bar-b-que when traveling and I want to be able to do that. I want to make bar-b-que like I had in Texas and make smoked sausages that will really "WOW" people.

I have enjoyed brewiing my own. Brewed for about five years. Came to a screeching halt when the papers were served. Then all the equipment went out on a yard sale I was unaware of. Plan on doing more soon. Just gotta figure out how to work it in to everything else! And I had some smashing good successes as well as some "bowl fillers" too!

Cheers!

it's been a while, but been thinking of dusting off the ol equipment and firing up to get that wonderful wort smell going on again....
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

sweet......I'm really gonna have to hit the storage unit and dig all my stuff out......then tell the little lady I need to reconfigure the garage fridge to hold my corny kegs......
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I don't mind at all:
*Each tap with shank, handle, beverage hose and connector was about $50.00.
*Add about another $7.50 for the cornelius keg attachment.,
*$35.00 for each keg (roughly)
*CO2 Tank was about $90
*Regulator is about $40
*CO2 distribution block (5 ports) was about $45
*Fridge was a freebie!

It's kind of pricey initially but well worth it. Thankfully my wife loves homebrew too. :-)

mcoppin -

Nice to know we have so many home brewer here. I'm also into home brewing beer and find it very rewarding. I have 10, 5 gallon kegs and 11, 3 gallon kegs and right now I've been so involved with smoking most of them are empty!

http://www.deejayssmokepit.net/microbrew.htm

It's amazing how many people would try it if they could find a small inexpensive setup to try in on - well they have em now!

Payson -

That's a nice kegerator! Great job!

PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

I actually have first time brewers brew with my equipment before they go out and buy their own equipment. I will let them borrow my equipment until they want to venture out on their own. I had a neighbor who worked for a soda company who gave me 5 pop kegs as well as CO2 tanks. For a while I had a friend who worked for a company which filled CO2 tanks and he wold fill my tanks for free.
There also is a malting plant right outside of town that makes malt for several breweries. I know several of the guys that work out there and they will bring me huge bags of malt whenever I want. I usually use extracts and all grains so I don't take advantage of that too often.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky