How long to cure leg quarters

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Marinates all differ but longer the better and its not curing bet they turn out great i like 6 hrs to over nite when i do them

Like mike said.
On chicken parts I find 12 hours is plenty unless you have a subtle or mild kind of marinade. What you have should be good for the recommended 6-12 hours since ginger can overtake the dish.

For whole birds or turkey breast I like to do a minimum of 12 hours and 24 hour max while brining.

As mike mentioned you are marinating or maybe even some might say brining (though I don't see salt being a main portion of the mixture). Curing would mean you are adding cure #1 curing salt to the solution (or maybe even cure #2).
If using cure #1 I find overnight to be fine, it is what I do to make my cured smoked turkey legs and thighs. I would imagine that works well for chicken drums too :)

I hope this info helps!

Reactions: laughingpanther
I do chicken parts up to 10 days , injected and into Pop's brine . Comes out fantastic . So if you ever try curing your chicken , there you go .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky