How long for Chicken legs?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

funk

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 18, 2006
I decided to drop the cupcake chicken and go with chicken legs instead.  I got up late and I really do not want to do the prep.  How long should I cook the legs for?  I was planning on cooking at 275-300 and possibly doing them lollipop style if I can get myself going.

Chicken does not take long. If you like more smoke flavor, you should lower your temps for the first hour, then increase to crisp up the skin. My wife likes her chicken DONE. So the 165º internal does not work for her. I am more like 175 to 180º internal before she is happy, but it is still quite moist.  We try to get 2 to 2 1/2 hours out of our smoke.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky