1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

How do these mixer/sausage stuffer look for the price?

Discussion in 'Slicers, Grinders, Tools, Equipment' started by mrad, May 10, 2018.

1. dazdnaz

dazdnaz Fire Starter

I have basically the same equipment from LEM though, they have not let me down.
    A lot of folks don't like the clean up on the mixer but I think if you doing any more than 20 #'s it's well worth it.
    Metal gear on the stuffer is a must.

2. dward51

dward51 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I would save the money on the mixer. I have one of those and rarely use it. It can be a pain to clean as ground meat seems to get caught on all the sharp edge corners. I have found it is so much easier to just put on a pair of disposable gloves and mix it by hand in 5 pound batches. I also think I get a better mix more quickly by hand. The crank mixer will work, but it seems to take longer and like I said can be a pain to clean.

3. I think the stuff is a good deal, I bought the cabelas one the same size on sale and still spent $10 more.

On the mixer, I read a lot of review about them be awful to clean and some said they didn't think they mixed good enough, but I can't qualify that one. I went with this as my mixer and I did 20# hotdogs yesterday and worked it over and will be mixing the spices and ice in tomorrow morning. I maybe could do 25# and 30 would probably start over flowing.

I would consider some plastic gloves with jersey gloves underneath for insulation until you find what you like.

4. daveomak

daveomak Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

You will like the stuffer... Grease the o-ring and walls of the meat can with lard or crisco for easier stuffing...
    The mixer works well once you figure out how full to fill it... If 10#'s is the right amount, you will prefer doing 30#'s+ of sausage in 3 or more -10# batches so you only have to clean it once... Cleaning is a PITA and messy...