How do I add a signature type phrase under my user ID in my posts?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 18, 2007
West Fargo, ND / Northern MN
Ok I have been looking and looking through all of my profile settings and I just can't find anything where I can add a phrase under my profile name in my post. The signature is at the bottom of my posts but what I am talking about is at the top of my post between where it says rbranstner and OTBS Member. I see several people have their added text in there but I can't find. I don't know what its called either so I haven't had any luck searching for other threads. Its some type of signature deal but called something different. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey Ross, send a note to Brian Mudd. I think it was an option on the old platform and if you had one they carrried it over but I too can not find how to do it on this platform. Brian knows everything  

What you are referring to is a custom user title which is one of the perks that we have setup for supporters or members who choose to pay a small yearly fee to support the site and they get a few extra features in return.

The perks at this time are:

Custom user title

Off-site links allowed in signature area

Ability to turn off ads

We feel these are some pretty good perks and we will be adding more as time goes on.. just a way to show the supporters a little appreciation.

The custom user title is a great way to show you own style and can be changed as often as you like in your user profile page once you become a supporting member.

Premier memberships can be viewed/purchased here

Let me know if you have any more questions or comments about this.

Go into your My Profile and click Edit My Community Profile.

Then add what you want under User Title.

You can also add your location in the box labeled Location(?)

6c91e5d5_SMFUserTitle.jpg

Hey Jeff where do I find out how turn ads off??

Wait let me look first...

Craig

OK   I found it..nevermind!!

Craig

And yes.. there are some programs that will also facilitate the turning off or blocking of ads but this way you get to support your favorite forum and we get to give you a perk for doing so
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky