How did you come up with your screen name?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
When I was a kid my Mum had arthritis in her hands bad enough that she couldn't do much at all some days, so, from about the age of 9, I became her hands in the kitchen. Pretty soon I got interested, so by the time I was about 15 I was cooking full meals on my own and starting to experiment. I would go to friends houses when their parents weren't home and cook meals for bunches of buddies, working with whatever was on hand. People started calling me "Geoff the Chef" 40 years ago and it eventually just got shortened to Geoffchef.

Well it's like this.  I was searching the WEB to find some information that could help me, a novice, learn how to smoke meats.  When I came across this forum I said, "Now this is what I'm looking for".  But as I went through the process of creating a profile I was stunned when asked to choose a screen name.  I thought about it for a while...Does the name have to do with smoking meats?  After some time I said, "No, it doesn't need to be about smoking meats or does it?"  So why FrankieJ?  It's a nick name I was given by some of the black friends I worked with years ago.  Some still call me FrankieJ.  I said, "Perfect, my friends used to talk about BBQ all the time".  FrankieJ is short for Frank Jr.  And that's how I came to choose my screen name.

I like to cook and ride motorcycles. Not at the same time.

Soupamoto.
Dwayne

My first post btw. Got a MES 30 Gen II with Cold Smoker for Father's Day this year and never looked back. I'm a smoking fool now.

I got the name in the Army.  Short version of the story was One of my buddies said some stupid crap.  I took off to apply the whoopen...  He started quoting John Candy from the film "The Great Outdoors."  "Big bear!... Big bear!... Big bear chase me!....  Big bear chase me!!"

And it stuck.

Pogo is a nickname I got in elementary school because of my last name. 4 and 7 comes from playing hockey with my brothers and friends around the same time. Whenever the captains would choose a number to see who picked first for teams, it was always either 4 or 7. Made things go faster, and it stuck. It was even the license plate for my brother's car, and my first car when I bought it from him, "4 OR 7"

Been using 4PoGo7 ever since.

I got mine from Hunting in BC, I'm silent in the bush and have gotten a few feet away from a couple of Timber Wolves that I've shot. Wolves seem to track me in the bush[emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128561[/emoji]
Hence Silent Wolf[emoji]128526[/emoji]

My lovely wife calls me big daddy all of the time I guess because I'm a big boy and my first and last initials are DM so it seemed to fit

I've been online for over 17 years, my first nick name was "Tats" because I am heavily tattooed. So when I joined this forum SmokinTats seemed to fit.

Howdy Y'all ,  "wtxrenegade" is my C.B. handle, West Texas Renegade . I started using it when I lived in Louisiana for 14 years, I missed the open skies of west Texas.  I am brand new to this forum, and I like what I've seen so far 

My father was a Michigan Department of Natural Resources Officer and since I am his son... hence: dnrson.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky