How did you come up with your screen name?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
After getting out of the Airborne infantry with no clue what to do next I got into the sign business back in '97.  By '03 I decided to get my journeyman sign hanger's card and ended up slingin' steel at heights of 200'+ installing scoreboards for stadiums around the US.  My crew of 3 became the Sky Monkeys for doing what had to be done hanging from whatever you could hold.

Now I'm older, weaker and sit at a desk but I relive the glory days with my internet handle.  Smoking is rather new to me, monkeying around is not ;-) 

After getting out of the Airborne infantry with no clue what to do next I got into the sign business back in '97.  By '03 I decided to get my journeyman sign hanger's card and ended up slingin' steel at heights of 200'+ installing scoreboards for stadiums around the US.  My crew of 3 became the Sky Monkeys for doing what had to be done hanging from whatever you could hold.

Now I'm older, weaker and sit at a desk but I relive the glory days with my internet handle.  Smoking is rather new to me, monkeying around is not ;-) 
You can have it !!!

My Son's been building & servicing Cell Phone towers for about 15 years now, and I never even liked watching them from the ground.

He has 13 employees now, and rarely climbs any more, but I still worry about the other guys!!

Bear

Friend of mine took my then 7 year old son and I crappie fishing. After my son filling the boat up with fish my friend dubbed him the 'Crappie King'. Watching me take all his fish off the hook over and over, he then said to me I guess that makes you the CrappieKid!

Not that I anticipate ANYONE reading to page 98, but bigtoyzracing is the name of our motorsports team. We raced pro monster truck and currently run a thrill ride with the world's longest monster...seems fitting, plus if my husband ever needs in here it's much easier than anything else...

Reactions: rann042

Not that I anticipate ANYONE reading to page 98, but bigtoyzracing is the name of our motorsports team. We raced pro monster truck and currently run a thrill ride with the world's longest monster...seems fitting, plus if my husband ever needs in here it's much easier than anything else...
Through the time I have been a member I have read all 98 pages and it was fun and interesting I would log in say read 10 pages today then look at other things the do it again next time I logged on until I read them all.

Reactions: shoebe
Mine (Brute) was my nickname when I played college football some 30 years ago. Sometimes I think folks don't know my real name (Stephen). To this day if anyone finds out the nickname.... Stephen is out the window and I'm called Brute from then on. It's really kind of funny.

My name is Robbie Ann so Rann and 42 (dominoes) is the state game of texas and from hitchhikers guide 42 is the universal answer. When i came to yahoo rann42 was taken (Bees i had it on aol!) so i changed it to rann042!

I'VE GOT NOTEBOOK FULL OF PASSWORDS AND SCREEN NAMES FOR EVERYTHING FROM MY BANK TO E-MAIL TO FACEBOOK. MY OLD PAL "BUTTERBEAN" IS AN ENGLISH POINTER. WHEN I GET THE SMOKER GOIN HE'S THE ONLY ONE TO SIT DOWN BY ME IN THE SHADE, AND AND STICK AROUND JUST ENJOYING DOING IT ALL TOGETHER. WITHOUT HIM THERE I WOULDN'T ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS I DO.

One of my favorite recreational activities is riding stand up jet skis. The first one I bought was a 1998 Kawasaki 750 SXIPro. To learn how to maintain it I joined some jetski forums and used that as my username. Now I use it on any/all forums I frequent. The actual SXIPro is long gone and has been replaced by a 2004 Yamaha Superjet that I have modded to the max and is worth far more than my truck. Just don't tell the wife.

after  20 years in the Navy as a deep sea diver, diverboss has been my nick for a long time
Thank you for your service!!
flag.gif

A full smoker is a happy smoker

DS

Well there's too many people my age named Jason, and since I work in a distillery and am a whisky fanatic, whiskyinthebottle seemed like a natural

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky