How did you come up with your screen name?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Chip is my nickname since birth; G is my last name initial, and iii represents that I am the third!  No magic or mystery in mine.

Well, this is making me feel really unimaginative.........
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

Once upon a time there was this thing called Compuserve, which suggested a username with name and numbers.  I chose my name and house address, it's stuck since 1992.  I don't like change much.

Mike

My real name is Robert. I've been cooking ribs and pork roasts for years on R2D2 style smokers until I got my first Wally World offset stick burner. I was cooking so much Q that my wife and kids were starting to get tired of it. One day my youngest son said "dad you should open a restaurant and call it Bob's-B-Que. I loved the name so I use it often even for other screen names. I still have never opened a restaurant though. I prefer the peacefulness of sitting in the backyard with a cold beer and watching a fire.

It was either The Lonely Gringo, or Lazy Desperado, as mentioned in a Jason Boland song -  Since I cook and compete all alone.....there you have it.....

The Lonely Gringo.

I actually inadvertently, out of sheer habit, used the name of my BBQ Sauce.  I promise it wasn't on purpose, I'm just so accustomed to doing it, it came naturally and I had created the account before I realized it.

Lloyd

Mine comes from my business name, Master Fader Audio. I am a sound guy for a living. The name came from audio school when the instructor talked about the "master fader", the main volume control on a sound board. When I had to come up with a business name that one stuck. It makes people wonder.

I've been using it elsewhere for most of the century. It's the name I picked for a Moderator account for a technical help website; at the time, I was also a basketball referee, so it was an attempt at a nice little play on words. And yes, I also like hockey.

I see myself as being a help to others and able to meet the needs of those who have a challenge in resources.

I could sell you something if you want to buy something. I live my screen name. I see myself as the answer to many solutions.Now some of my solutions maybe to cater your next party or you're sick show you how food can heal, certified health coach. Need extra money network marketing.I'm a entrepreneur and a retiree. I create wealth by establishing streams of income. And since a cow is so huge and have several pieces of great pickings I see him as cha ching.

Yep I seemed to have got that in one!

Where you from Mr Cow?

I do think that these forums are much more about chilling, Q and good food than entrepreneurial endevours

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky