How did you come up with your screen name?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well folks, my screen name is fairly simple.  I live for the days in the woods and relish every moment I am there.  "Dtail hunter" is just what it implies.... I have chased many a deer tails in the woods over the years and actually the nickname was given to me by a bunch of fellow hunters who could not believe the amount of time I spend hunting and then after the season making my own smoked sausage, salami, and anything else I can use my smoker for.  By the way, I hunt all game including fowl.  I really enjoy trying the different recipes and hints to make the smoker more effective!  Keep 'em coming and keep up the forum!

In closing "WAR EAGLE!" to all of my Auburn University fans.

Well, my screen name stems back to when I worked many hours in various Army supply warehouses. "Binrat" was a nickname referred to the warehouse logistics personnel. Even when I progressed up through the ranks I still preferred to get away from the office and back into the warehouse.  

being a true cajun, we had boudin almost every day! It can be breakfast, snack, lunch or meal! It also great smoked!

so my name; boudin4evr

My wife has 2 daughters from a previous marriage, I was a single father to my two boys (women loved that) and we have one together. Ages 12-11-10-9 &4 + the wife and I =7. We all live together full time.

I am an 1989 Illinois grad and their final four Bball team that year was nicknamed the flying Illini since they were all about 6-6 tall and could fly to the basket.

Glen
Large Vertical Charcoal w/ guru
3 UDS (one by BBQ Bubba)
Superfast thermopens
KCBS CBJ

My screen name comes from what we used to say when we were leaving the area to move to another location in Nam.It means "Lets get the F/ck ought a here"!!! DD Mau

I would have to see the scene to tell you the context but I would say yes to "hurry up " lets go , get it over with, The Vietnamese had a lot of slang that was used on a daily basis, and since the French were there for 20+ years you would get a mixture of French and Vietnamese slanged together. My nickname was "Dincqui Dau which I spelled Dinky Dau and that means crazy.

I am an 1989 Illinois grad and their final four Bball team that year was nicknamed the flying Illini since they were all about 6-6 tall and could fly to the basket.

Glen
Large Vertical Charcoal w/ guru
3 UDS (one by BBQ Bubba)
Superfast thermopens
KCBS CBJ
That was a memorable season.  I had Kendall Gill and Nick Anderson in one of my classes that year.  I think it was Intro to Russian and Soviet Society.

An old one - Windham Fantasy Football League

I've been the commissioner of this league for about 20 years and its still going strong!

Thanks, now go quickly...
biggrin.gif

nickname since I was in College. Something to do with trying to crush a beer can and failing miserably.

the number is,  well you can guess that one.

I have been called Pylon since I was about 12, Lets just say I use to collect Pylons, and cut the tops off and put ash trays from the pool hall tables that use to have metal ash trays at the corners. They were a perfect fit. : ) I gave up that profession to say the least.

The power company, and phone company's didn't like my practice.

Pylon 

I would have to see the scene to tell you the context but I would say yes to "hurry up " lets go , get it over with, The Vietnamese had a lot of slang that was used on a daily basis, and since the French were there for 20+ years you would get a mixture of French and Vietnamese slanged together. My nickname was "Dincqui Dau which I spelled Dinky Dau and that means crazy.
Yup---You used two of the most popular ones.

I never really knew how to spell them, so I just wrote them like they sound. Ones I used most:

DD Mau-----------------Get outta here!

Dinky Dau-------------Crazy

Lai Day-----------------Come Here

TeeTee-----------------Small

Buku--------------------Very Big

No Bic------------------Don't Understand

Papason---------------Man

Mamason--------------Woman

Babyson---------------Kid

Boom Boom----------Never Mind (Family Site)

That's most of my Vietnamese Vocabulary.
biggrin.gif

Bear

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky