How did you come up with your screen name?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My screen name goes back to me being a single father of a son and a daughter. I had custody after a nasty  and long divorce process, but the bottom line was, I was the custodial parent I worked for the Postal Service, and my job was only a few blocks from home. The kids' school was only 2 blocks over, and they beat me home by 45 minutes to an hour. So I left them notes every day with chores, homework,or whatever on them. I signed it Dad, then Daddy,then finally Daddio after my daughter said they were both too old to be calling me daddy. They were 11 and 9 at the time! So she suggested Daddio, and that's been me ever since. I was born in '53, and since plain Daddio is taken in most places, I just added the year. 

I lived in the Virgin Islands for 50 years and love the local cooking, Fungi is a side dish based on cornmeal made like a soft dumpling. Good with anything that has some gravy. Fungi and steam fish is to die for.

Mine is definitely not creative.  Married a man who has two children, I have three.  His last name is Bull.  So, my kids' friends began calling me MamaBull...

Mine's not that creative either, but at least ya kno what I like to cook n eat...feel free to invite me to any of your beef cookouts
th_4th_of_July.gif

I'll try not to eat too much...
th_anim_burp.gif

I was the site safety coordinator for a company.  After dressing down one of the contractors for a safety violation one of my crew said I sounded like a nanny goat always worrying about what could go wrong.  One of the Spanish speakers spoke up and said "Yeah, you're a Chiva!".  The nickname Chiva stuck.

I use it with pride.  Chiva.

Not much mystery if you know the code - EGA-Q = eagle, globe and  anchor (Marine Corps official emblem and insignia) - BBQ or for short 'Q' ... I am a Marine vet and I like BBQ...wish there was more to it but hey I am a simple creature and gets the point across. ~Bob

[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument></xml><![endif]

A long time ago I was a young Boy Scout member in Switzerland.

What a new and exciting world!

And there where also all the big guys, they where called ROVERS - this is the older generation of boy scouts in Switzerland.

One of the rovers name was PONGO, he was definitely MY hero. He was about ALL that I wanted to be, a friendly character, smart and accountable when needed - a real hero.

Actually, he was a friend of my older brother and came often to visit and spend some time with us.

Some 50 years later, I now live in the US, the real home of the boy scouts.

And... I needed a nickname for many different causes, forums and friends. Amazing that this name never disappeared from my memory.

As a matter of fact, pongo visited my brother when I called my old home about 3 weeks ago. I talk with him on the phone, telling him what positive influence he had in my life!

Amazing too - how the boy scout experience changed my whole life, in addition - we found OUR hero and tried to be like them, copy all the good things.

What do you call this? The good old time!

Y'ALL take care - Have a nice day - your pongo.

No not yet the oldest is 18 but I am still pretty Green in the process of smoking but still trying new things. Life gets in the way most of the time. IK drive trck for a living & also sell Waxes & polishes at truck v& car shows so I keep pretty busy along with the honey dos. 

I got my screen name from my name and maxx the best dog I ever had.I found him by a trash dumpster as a very young pup, he was just a mutt but but looked like a yellow lab. He was my best pal for 13 years.

Mine is easy...Im a chef to start...and I run a nonprofit organization called Backyard Bow Pro. We donate venison to food banks in 26 states (and counting) so I am ChefBowPro! If you want to see some cool stuf check out our pages....Nohungrypeople.org and backyardbowpro.org.
We work with farmers, colleges, townships and neighborhood associations and donate THOUSANDS of pounds of delicious, healthy red meat to those in need!

A combo of my first and last name is SENOS which means breast in Spanish so why not since I've grilled many a' chicken breast . I'm not even of Spanish decent, just a chubby bald smoker

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky