How did you come up with your screen name?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

22 yrs in US Army and retired at rank of SSG. Since I like to smoke various foods some friends call me Grill Sergeant and I guess it is fitting.

Love, Peace, and Bacon Grease!
I love this one !!!

Great Screen Name!!

When you get a chance, Sarge, Please go to the "Roll Call" section & introduce yourself, so you can be properly welcomed.

Bear

Small world Bear.

I was in the Army and with the 9th Infantry Division in the Mekong Delta 1969-1970.

When the 9th redeployed back to the states (World) as I am sure you remember, I stayed with the 3rd Brigade of the 9th and moved to Tan Ann Provence.

Harv

Small world Bear.

I was in the Army and with the 9th Infantry Division in the Mekong Delta 1969-1970.

When the 9th redeployed back to the states (World) as I am sure you remember, I stayed with the 3rd Brigade of the 9th and moved to Tan Ann Provence.

Harv
Absolutely I remember. All the guys who wanted to stay, for an early out or whatever reason, moved to the 3rd brigade, and stayed. I still had 21 months left, so I would have had to stay in 'Nam for another 10 1/2 months to get the early out. I figured that would be pressing my luck & got the Heck out !! Left on August 19, 1969.

Welcome Back Harv!!

Bear

I work for the company that builds Hyster and Yale forklifts.  At the time, I lived in NJ. The company moved to NC and a friend asked me,"What are ya gonna cal the company..hyyal?" I thought it was funny & southern.....Hy(Hyster) yal(Yale).

IntegrityBBQ- I feel in the mainstream BBQ world most restaurants have bad quality meat and ingredients.  I believe that great BBQ can be achieved with local fresh ingredients with out high fructose corn syrup in sauces or sugar in rubs.

Thanks Bear and it's got to be nice and cool up you way by now as I am a former Jersey guy !!

Love the colder weather in the winter months and wish that you could send some down my way.

I hope that you and your family have a very blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday.

Harv

Thanks Bear and it's got to be nice and cool up you way by now as I am a former Jersey guy !!

Love the colder weather in the winter months and wish that you could send some down my way.

I hope that you and your family have a very blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday.

Harv
Thanks Harv!-----And a Great TG to you & yours.

I used to like the cold, but it's getting old as I get older. It's 14* right now, and if I could I'd send you plenty!
smiley_snowball.gif
Snowmobile.gif

Bear

Hi everyone, like most people on this forum, mine is a nickname, Monkey. It's from a British TV advert advertising tea. I used to repeat it to people, hence being called Money, so stuck Smokin in front of it, to quote another British TV advert "simples"

Steve

Mine was a play on a place of employment that I loathed. I spent some time working for a company that proccessed apple products; juice, slices, sauce, that sort of thing. Tree was in their name, I had come to the conclusion that anyone who stayed at that place had issues and the treetard was born. I have since moved on to more gainful employment with a far better atmosphere. The name however kinda stuck.

"Bow" was a name given to me back in the day while in the NAVY by my cohorts... It is the first 3 letters of my Last Name...

...and yes, there was plenty of adult beverages in circulation that fine evening when I was "Knighted"... after that, it seemed like everyone called me "Bow" from my co-workers to my Commanding Officer!

The joke is that my wife and I dated and it took for 3 weeks for figure out my first name wasn't "Bow" ;)

"-chan" is like a term of Endearment in the Japanese Language, so my wife/friends call me Bow-chan...

Normally I use "Bow" as a forum name, but since the SMF requires more than 3 letters, I had to go with Bow-chan...

Ever since the old Disney show duck tales came out  89-90ish all my lady friends called me bubba duck then got shortened to bubba.

My last name is Stump, so Bubba Stump was born, Then when I was in the navy Forrest Gump came out and since I was the cook

at all my buddies get togethers  it took on a whole new meaning cause I cooked food many different ways but never even dreamt of smoking food, till my buddy got me into it.

I get to smoke food for the guys and gals at the firehouse and they love it.

I got my screen name from my son when he was about 14.  We were getting ready to go hunting a few years ago and I told him to make double sure he had everything on his list and he said okeedokeesmokee and I had forgotten about it until I signed up for this forum and when it asked to create a screen name that popped into my head!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky