How did you come up with your screen name?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I homebrew my own beer, and am an engineer, so I like acronyms (and play on numbers and letters).... 

So beer10t was born.  TADA!!!

Great thread!!

beer10t

This is my first post after my introduction. My name is Topsideup and I have been an avid kayaker for years, hence the name. You always want to keep the topside of the kayak up: therefore topsideup.Thumbs Up

Hi all brand new member, I am a retired Fire Fighter  after being smoked for 27 years decided to start smoking some meat other than myself  see ya'll around the forums.  Oldsmokie9 

Welcome Sir from one Newbie to another!

I the short I have been on this site I have learned a bunch with the help of other members...you're in good company!

Let the smoking begin!

I was born with it 
biggrin.gif

I kept and bred emerald tree boas for 10 years. Dogboa is a common name given by a Spaniard, based on a profile view of the head, which looks like a dog sans ears. Thus the origin of the species name caninus. My avatar is not an emerald, but a picture my wife took of a friends Guatemalan palm viper. 

Back when I was returning to San Diego for shore duty with my now but then soon to be wife, we found a little rancher two blocks from the beach in Imperial Beach.  I landed a part time night job at a dive bar on the water and made some life-long friends.  One friend, Linda, INSISTED on calling me 'Jimmy' even though i hated the monicker.  I always just went by 'James'  or 'Jay.'  Me being the self-proclaimed pit master, and being the only one of us down by the beach with a private yard, Sundays after a late night at the bar became 'BBQ at Jimmy's."  It got to a point that we didn't even invite people anymore, they would just show up promptly at about 1'ish with beer in hand.  

One day someone commented on my cue and asked what kind of sauce I buy and where do I buy it.  I gave him a sideways look, but before I could speak, Linda says, "That's Jimmyjam's special sauce, dumbass."

Reelboat.  Big time fisherman and boater.  My firdt offshore boat we called the "reel mistress" because we love fishing and we all know what a mistress would do to you. Same thing that a boat will do to you.  As I said I'm big into boating, Own 2 and fishing.  Reelboat was appropriate.

As a kid in my early teens all my neighborhood buddies we would switch our names backwards, in half and half to come up with some weird names to call ourselves so Joe Boyko became Boykjo, Okyob and okadahob....LOL Rub the name in your buddy's face when you scored a touchdown over him..... Those were some good times... Kinda like the movie "The sandlot".....

I have been in the HVAC business for 20+ years and fabricated/ installed a lot of sheet metal. Just kind of fitting. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky