How’s the wife take this site?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Congrats! Ann and I had our 34th in November. Don't know where the time went. We respect each others hobbies most of the time. And we always discuss larger purchases to prevent a "cold" night. She likes most of the food I grill, fry, smoke, etc. So that isn't a problem. And I'm the family photographer. So that covers my photo hobby. Kind of. I had a heck of a time convincing her I needed a 150-600 mm lens for portraits!
Congrats Steve. I have to say, as a Professional Photographer, I totally understand the heck of a time you had convincing Ann to let you get that 150-600 mm lens, lol. Which one did you get? Using for portraits you say?

This is why this group is such a valuable part of our lives whether we see it or not. We can all come together in a location from all over and share stories of family and good Q! Congratulations to all and I raise my Woodford Reserve to us all and pray for good health and long lives!

Reactions: TNJAKE
Wife and I just had our 25th last month. We evidentially spent 3 years in the same HS but did not recognize each other (graduation class of 610). I transferred college to SUNY Oswego in NY and ended up on the same floor as her...took a year for her to go out with me...but I digress...i join forums for my interests, on many cars, smoking, boats........

You need to find an "A2" dairy source and hopefully your wife can tolerate it. Dairy allergy varies from lactose to proteins. A2 is a protein base.

Yeah, unfortunately - that won't cut the mustard/answer the mail/insert witty phrase here. We've tried everything, A2/Lactose Free, aged/hard/soft/semi-soft, etc. Even clarified butter gets her Fibro kicking up. So, oat milk for milk (after trying after type of non-dairy milk, it's the one we like the best), coconut milk for cream/heavy cream, and the search for good vegan cheeses continue.

I subscribe to a Vegan YouTube cooking channel, simply because the guy does A LOT of vegan dairy ideas. Most of the store bought stuff tastes like crap.

SUNY Oswego

Small world, my uncle has lived most of his life in Oswego. Started at SUNY Oswego in 1974. Didn't graduate until 1994, but at least he finally graduated!

• Sad
Reactions: Fueling Around
Congrats Steve. I have to say, as a Professional Photographer, I totally understand the heck of a time you had convincing Ann to let you get that 150-600 mm lens, lol. Which one did you get? Using for portraits you say?
Lol! I did make it work....kind of! It is a Sigma 150-600C great for birding. Not so much for portraits of the grand kids!

Lol! I did make it work....kind of! It is a Sigma 150-600C great for birding. Not so much for portraits of the grand kids!
Congrats, that's an impressive lens. I'd imagine it is great for birding. You could get some portraits of the grandkids from a proper distance, given the right circumstances. What kind of camera are you using?

Congrats, that's an impressive lens. I'd imagine it is great for birding. You could get some portraits of the grandkids from a proper distance, given the right circumstances. What kind of camera are you using?

I have a Nikon D7100 with a decent supply of glass. And for portability I have a Olympus OMD EM10 MKIII
What your choice in rigs?

I'm a Canon guy from back in the days of using film. Just got used to them and have stayed with them. Some of my photographers use Canon and some use Nikon. They all get along, lol. My company does Youth League Sports photos, high volume, so we have to shoot image sizes as low as possible. I just looked yours up briefly, and it's a very nice rig. Lots of bells and whistles. Do you use it for personal use only?

I've sold some images here and there to friends. And had have my pictures posted in clubs. Mostly local stuff. I do get a kick out of folks liking my work.

Reactions: MJB05615
Oh, and I forgot to mention that I'm very fond of aircraft photography. And we've let this thread go off track. We can start another thread. Or PM if you wish.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I'm very fond of aircraft photography. And we've let this thread go off track. We can start another thread. Or PM if you wish.
That's cool.Very interesting. If we started talking photography now, I won't get any work done the rest of the night, lol. I'd like to revisit during the holidays if you're around. I'll PM. Thanks.

Reactions: Steve H
That's cool.Very interesting. If we started talking photography now, I won't get any work done the rest of the night, lol. I'd like to revisit during the holidays if you're around. I'll PM. Thanks.
Sounds good! Lets talk later then. Have a Merry Christmas!

No worries, as long as we are all having fun and enjoying this thread chat away for all I’m concerned!

Reactions: TNJAKE
At 38 years my wife has figured out I'm a hopeless case lol. We are each others best friend or at least last time I checked we were ha. As for the site she figures I could be a lot worse places and she usually gets some pretty good food as a result of me being here. Sometimes we talk about larger purchases but then there's those times that I come home and tell her something like go look at your new vehicle and you have to go sign the title work. Or the time I came home pulling a Lang 84 and told her congrats on her new smoker. Told her I'll even run it for you I did get "the look" that time but then she laughed about it a minute later. Heck I've even bought her a few guns lol. I started looking at skid steers and she said if you want it go get it and that's pretty much her standard answer if I want something. Of course I feel the same if she wants something then get it. I've been looking at used enclosed cab tractors lately and she says are you sure you want used maybe you should just buy a new one. Yeah I think I'll keep her lol

It’s the stupid things like tonight she shoved me down in the snow to just laugh when I slipped the moment I got up being a goof and back on my butt that makes life worth living, plus the little ones thought it was the funniest thing ever!

It’s the stupid things like tonight she shoved me down in the snow to just laugh when I slipped the moment I got up being a goof and back on my butt that makes life worth living, plus the little ones thought it was the funniest thing ever!
That's just funny! But also true love...I can picture you two going jumping in puddles together, just because they are there and you can. I missed this thread but glad I didn't totally miss it. Alot of great comments and stories on it. Wife and I got married two years out of high school in 92, were married for 15 years then got divorced for 4 years, got back together and remarried by justice of the peace, witnesses were best man and maid of honor from first wedding. Wasn't feeling very well on day of second marriage, but said we were doing it anyways. Wife and friends went to see her mom and then to bar to have a couple drinks while I took a nap. Three hours later I woke up and called them and they came home to see how I was feeling. One look at me and we were off to the ER. Had a temp of 104, bronchitis and something else I don't remember what. Should have seen the size of that needle, and it wasn't a shot given in my arm. My wife and friends laughed at me trying to slide my sore ass into the car! So we are the odd couple! But through all that she is my best friend and my support system when life is tough. Not only a great cook, she helps farm and combine and helps load semi loads of hogs at all hours of the day and night. Plus she took care of mom for the last 3 years before mom passed.

Sorry for being so long winded! But if ya want to go jump in puddles or make snow angels...we're in!

Ryan

That's just funny! But also true love...I can picture you two going jumping in puddles together, just because they are there and you can. I missed this thread but glad I didn't totally miss it. Alot of great comments and stories on it. Wife and I got married two years out of high school in 92, were married for 15 years then got divorced for 4 years, got back together and remarried by justice of the peace, witnesses were best man and maid of honor from first wedding. Wasn't feeling very well on day of second marriage, but said we were doing it anyways. Wife and friends went to see her mom and then to bar to have a couple drinks while I took a nap. Three hours later I woke up and called them and they came home to see how I was feeling. One look at me and we were off to the ER. Had a temp of 104, bronchitis and something else I don't remember what. Should have seen the size of that needle, and it wasn't a shot given in my arm. My wife and friends laughed at me trying to slide my sore ass into the car! So we are the odd couple! But through all that she is my best friend and my support system when life is tough. Not only a great cook, she helps farm and combine and helps load semi loads of hogs at all hours of the day and night. Plus she took care of mom for the last 3 years before mom passed.

Sorry for being so long winded! But if ya want to go jump in puddles or make snow angels...we're in!

Ryan
Where there is love, there is a way!!!

Brokenhandle Brokenhandle
Your story might be a Hallmark movie. I say that because wife is watching one. OK, I'm watching it, too. Out of the 99+ channels on cable, they're the only thing I can tolerate much of the time.

After 19 years, I hope the "Maid of Honor" was a "Matron of Honor".

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky