How’s the wife take this site?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

WV_Crusader

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 15, 2014
Triadelphia, WV
So today is my wife and I’s 11 year wedding anniversary. We kept it super simple as always, a Hallmark ornament for each other and a card the same.
There was a small stipulation though this time, I get 1 hour on this site today and not a second more! LOL that being said she loves the food I have cooked up with the help of everyone here and the great ideas for her cooking oven needs. She hates the money “you wonderful people” she says you make me spend! LOL

Congrats on the anniversary, and many more.

Mine is a saint. You see my sig/arsenal (though pales next to many here), and she is all for getting a new weapon of whatever description I want.

All things considered, this hobby is pretty inexpensive and safe. I think she’s happy I’m not buying more stereo gear and tons of vinyl ... can’t eat that :emoji_grinning:

I'm on this site, as well as another cooking forum, a couple of aviation forums, etc. I just dropped $300 on an Ooni Karu 12 that someone clued me into that was on sale on one of the other forums. My wife didn't bat an eye - and just said "now you have to figure out how to make a good tasting vegan cheese" (She has a dairy allergy, she's not a vegan)

She actually videotaped my chair dance in my recliner yesterday when I got the shipping notification on the Ooni.

Congrats, you better hang on to her. I have to go through a series of negotiations when I'm needing new equipment, lol.

Congrats on the anniversary.

My wife was not a big "smoked" fan. It has taken me many years to get her to appreciate charcoal grilled.
I finally got her to appreciate pork ribs fresh off the smoker.
I'm on this site, as well as another cooking forum, a couple of aviation forums, etc. I just dropped $300 on an Ooni Karu 12 that someone clued me into that was on sale on one of the other forums. My wife didn't bat an eye - and just said "now you have to figure out how to make a good tasting vegan cheese" (She has a dairy allergy, she's not a vegan)

She actually videotaped my chair dance in my recliner yesterday when I got the shipping notification on the Ooni.
You need to find an "A2" dairy source and hopefully your wife can tolerate it. Dairy allergy varies from lactose to proteins. A2 is a protein base.

I wish I could, but being a supervisor I’m on call no matter what.

well it’s the thought that counts....I’ve been there (always on call) and also a reason I recently changed jobs so I can turn off my phone. Recently I’ve even left it home occasionally and by wife wife and kids freak out....

Oh and i have to confess I’ve posted a few aniversary meals on here as well....but that’s all in fun cause we take pics of food and did before I ever joined the forum......

Well guys I just had my 55th anniversary, so what our philosophy is don’t do anything to piss your partner off. If I do I just go with the flow & do what she wants, & she does the same. If one of us feels really strong about a decision the other goes with it. It’s the way we got thru 55 years of marriage & we still spend most days together doing cool things! We’re still great friends & hope I’m around for another 20 or more years to be with her.
Al

Wow, that's great Al! Congrats on the Anniversary. We are approaching our 35th in April. Dated 10 years before marriage, so not too far off. Fully agree with your philosophy, we are similar, and we can say anything to each other without issues.

Well guys I just had my 55th anniversary, so what our philosophy is don’t do anything to piss your partner off. If I do I just go with the flow & do what she wants, & she does the same. If one of us feels really strong about a decision the other goes with it. It’s the way we got thru 55 years of marriage & we still spend most days together doing cool things! We’re still great friends & hope I’m around for another 20 or more years to be with her.
Al
Congratulations to you both!!!

Al & Judy have us beat:
Met Mrs Bear October of 1968, got married 2 months later on December 27th, a few weeks before boarding a Plane to Vietnam. So that will be 52 years, and we didn't kill each other during the last 10 months we just spent without leaving our Log Dwelling.
Everything we buy, we discuss first, but if one of us wants something bad enough, we just get it. All of our incomes have always gone into the same pot, and come out the same way.

So congrats to you, Crusader!!!---Hang in there!! You got a good start.

Bear

Congrats to all !
Wonderful to hear others in it for the long haul ... hopefully youngsters are inspired to make it work thru the inevitable bumps in the road. We had our 40th this year ... obviously didn’t have the celebration we had hoped for. But our 1980 was a dyslexic movie ... threes funerals and a wedding ... figured if we made it thru that first year, we can make it thru anything (and have).
All you need is love ... :emoji_guitar::emoji_trumpet::emoji_musical_keyboard:

Reactions: MJB05615
Miss Linda and I just hit 16 years in Oct. 2nd time around for both of us and it's working great!! We're like Bear and his Miss Linda--no separate bank accounts. Everything is joint. If one of us wants something, then unless the other says he or she really hates it, it's a go. Lots of love, consideration, and respect is our secret to success. Of course, it really helps if I keep my mouth shut when it comes to her daughter. LOL
As for the Forum, she loves it. I get lots of new ideas here, and she loves smoked meat--as long as I don't use hickory which she finds too strong. She calls the Forum my "Facebook for Rednecks".
Gary

Last edited:
Congrats to all !
Wonderful to hear others in it for the long haul ... hopefully youngsters are inspired to make it work thru the inevitable bumps in the road. We had our 40th this year ... obviously didn’t have the celebration we had hoped for. But our 1980 was a dyslexic movie ... threes funerals and a wedding ... figured if we made it thru that first year, we can make it thru anything (and have).
All you need is love ... :emoji_guitar::emoji_trumpet::emoji_musical_keyboard:
"Youngster" checking in. Mine and emily's 18th anniversary is this month. Been together over 20 though. I will be 39 soon and she will be 40 soon. 4 kids. Can honestly say we've never had a serious argument. As far as money she lets me get just about whatever I want even if I'm not making the smartest decision. She just wants me to be happy. Stuck with me through 8 years in the Army and a combat deployment to Iraq. More importantly she stuck with me after I retired and was having a hard time. She's a saint and a blessing. Truly my best friend.......and she's pretty!

"Youngster" checking in. Mine and emily's 18th anniversary is this month. Been together over 20 though. I will be 39 soon and she will be 40 soon. 4 kids. Can honestly say we've never had a serious argument. As far as money she lets me get just about whatever I want even if I'm not making the smartest decision. She just wants me to be happy. Stuck with me through 8 years in the Army and a combat deployment to Iraq. More importantly she stuck with me after I retired and was having a hard time. She's a saint and a blessing. Truly my best friend.......and she's pretty!
Congrats in advance, Jake (and Emily)!
I‘m sure pretty, but the inner beauty is what shines through and lasts, and what we lucky bastards have at our sides.

Congrats! Ann and I had our 34th in November. Don't know where the time went. We respect each others hobbies most of the time. And we always discuss larger purchases to prevent a "cold" night. She likes most of the food I grill, fry, smoke, etc. So that isn't a problem. And I'm the family photographer. So that covers my photo hobby. Kind of. I had a heck of a time convincing her I needed a 150-600 mm lens for portraits!

Reactions: MJB05615 and TNJAKE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky