• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hot Sauce in Pops Brine?

bill ace 350

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 28, 2013
Picked up a pork loin to make some Canadian bacon.

Want to kick up the heat a bit for this batch.

Thinking of adding a half tablespoon of Mad Dog 357 hot sauce to the brine.

Anyone tried hot sauce in their brine?

normanaj

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 2, 2014
Why not.I put hotsauce in EVERYTHING.Done many a brine with some type of heat added.

Lately I've been using habenero powder to add heat.

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Not sure if you want to look thru that link or not . That's some I did awhile back . I used the phosphate injection and one got some Franks red hot . It added flavor , but not much heat . I used about 1/2 TBLS in maybe 2 cups of liquid . I've also used TQ and Carolina reaper powder on an eye round for dried beef . Now that's good stuff , and hot .
Be interested in your results .

bill ace 350

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 28, 2013
Not sure if you want to look thru that link or not . That's some I did awhile back . I used the phosphate injection and one got some Franks red hot . It added flavor , but not much heat . I used about 1/2 TBLS in maybe 2 cups of liquid . I've also used TQ and Carolina reaper powder on an eye round for dried beef . Now that's good stuff , and hot .
Be interested in your results .
Sounds good.
The mad dog 357 is pretty potent, wondering if adding it to the brine would help with a more even distribution. I would think so, but not sure.

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
The mad dog 357 is pretty potent, wondering if adding it to the brine would help with a more even distribution. I would think so, but not sure.
I think it would . Just have to figure out the amount that works . I had thought about putting some red pepper flakes ( TBLS ? ) in a quart mason jar then filling with water . Let that sit a few days , then add that as part of the gallon for Pops . Might get more heat that way ? Still add the sauce .
When I used the TQ and the reaper powder , it was all the way thru the meat .
Turned it red .
20191211_093946.jpg
But I'd like to see it done with Pop's . So I'll be watching .

HalfSmoked

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Interesting idea. The great thing about this forum always new ideas and ways of doing new things to what has been done.

Warren

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.