Hot Sauce in Pops Brine?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bill ace 350

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
Picked up a pork loin to make some Canadian bacon.

Want to kick up the heat a bit for this batch.

Thinking of adding a half tablespoon of Mad Dog 357 hot sauce to the brine.

Anyone tried hot sauce in their brine?

Why not.I put hotsauce in EVERYTHING.Done many a brine with some type of heat added.

Lately I've been using habenero powder to add heat.

Not sure if you want to look thru that link or not . That's some I did awhile back . I used the phosphate injection and one got some Franks red hot . It added flavor , but not much heat . I used about 1/2 TBLS in maybe 2 cups of liquid . I've also used TQ and Carolina reaper powder on an eye round for dried beef . Now that's good stuff , and hot .
Be interested in your results .

Not sure if you want to look thru that link or not . That's some I did awhile back . I used the phosphate injection and one got some Franks red hot . It added flavor , but not much heat . I used about 1/2 TBLS in maybe 2 cups of liquid . I've also used TQ and Carolina reaper powder on an eye round for dried beef . Now that's good stuff , and hot .
Be interested in your results .
Sounds good.
The mad dog 357 is pretty potent, wondering if adding it to the brine would help with a more even distribution. I would think so, but not sure.

The mad dog 357 is pretty potent, wondering if adding it to the brine would help with a more even distribution. I would think so, but not sure.
I think it would . Just have to figure out the amount that works . I had thought about putting some red pepper flakes ( TBLS ? ) in a quart mason jar then filling with water . Let that sit a few days , then add that as part of the gallon for Pops . Might get more heat that way ? Still add the sauce .
When I used the TQ and the reaper powder , it was all the way thru the meat .
Turned it red .
20191211_093946.jpg
But I'd like to see it done with Pop's . So I'll be watching .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky