Hot pepper cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fcjasonk03

Original poster
Jul 14, 2019
i have smoked pepper jack cheese before and loved it. My grocery store has a special on hot pepper cheese and was wandering if anybody has any experience or advice with it? I googled it and it said it was basically processed American cheese with peppers in it.

I haven't done the hot pepper cheese before - actually I don't think I've ever seen it before. I have done Cabots hot habanero cheddar cheese numerous times and really like it.

Chris

Reactions: Hawging It
Funny you say that I smoked a block almost 2 years ago that I had gotten on clearance. It looks and feels like a white processed American. Never got around to opening it. Still aging in my beer fridge along with a bunch others. Bout time to open it I think! Will let you know how it turns out.

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
I get Sargento's Pepper Jack cheese often. Tastes very good. Of course smoking my own cheese is on my to do this winter. My story may change.

Funny you say that I smoked a block almost 2 years ago that I had gotten on clearance. It looks and feels like a white processed American. Never got around to opening it. Still aging in my beer fridge along with a bunch others. Bout time to open it I think! Will let you know how it turns out.

Open it up and let us know how it is! Bet it would be good with an APA or IPA!

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Alright I found it in the fridge yesterday. Actually turned out really well. Has aged well too. Its a lot like a pepper jack but not as "crumbly" if that makes any sense. If I remember right it was Kroger brand. I'd say go for it you can get a bunch of it for cheap. And if you like hot stuff see if you can find Cabot Hot Habanero. Best stuff ever smoked.
HPC.jpg

On a side note I realized my stash is starting to get a little low. Looking forward to cooler temps and cheese smoking season!
HPC1.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky