Hot pepper cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fcjasonk03

Original poster
Jul 14, 2019
i have smoked pepper jack cheese before and loved it. My grocery store has a special on hot pepper cheese and was wandering if anybody has any experience or advice with it? I googled it and it said it was basically processed American cheese with peppers in it.

I haven't done the hot pepper cheese before - actually I don't think I've ever seen it before. I have done Cabots hot habanero cheddar cheese numerous times and really like it.

Chris

Reactions: Hawging It
Funny you say that I smoked a block almost 2 years ago that I had gotten on clearance. It looks and feels like a white processed American. Never got around to opening it. Still aging in my beer fridge along with a bunch others. Bout time to open it I think! Will let you know how it turns out.

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
I get Sargento's Pepper Jack cheese often. Tastes very good. Of course smoking my own cheese is on my to do this winter. My story may change.

Funny you say that I smoked a block almost 2 years ago that I had gotten on clearance. It looks and feels like a white processed American. Never got around to opening it. Still aging in my beer fridge along with a bunch others. Bout time to open it I think! Will let you know how it turns out.

Open it up and let us know how it is! Bet it would be good with an APA or IPA!

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Alright I found it in the fridge yesterday. Actually turned out really well. Has aged well too. Its a lot like a pepper jack but not as "crumbly" if that makes any sense. If I remember right it was Kroger brand. I'd say go for it you can get a bunch of it for cheap. And if you like hot stuff see if you can find Cabot Hot Habanero. Best stuff ever smoked.
HPC.jpg

On a side note I realized my stash is starting to get a little low. Looking forward to cooler temps and cheese smoking season!
HPC1.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky