Hot Italians and Texas Hot links

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lothar1974

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 22, 2014
MN
Been way too long since making any sausage or posting. Been doing a good amount of snack sticks for the kids on the little bit of time I had due to work. Finally had a week off as I am switching jobs so made 5 pounds of hot Italians and 5 pounds of Texas Hot links.

Italians
20210806_184155.jpg

Texas Hot links

20210806_184054.jpg

Out of practice on my link twisting but not to bad. Only one blow out.

Looks good to me. I want to make my own sausage same day. Thanks for posting and don’t work so hard!
Yankee, thanks!
I invested in a LEM motorized 20 # stuffer, best investment I have made in a while. Now I don't have to rely on my short wife to struggle helping me or trying to coordinate a friend coming over to help.

Reactions: bill ace 350
Yankee, thanks!
I invested in a LEM motorized 20 # stuffer, best investment I have made in a while. Now I don't have to rely on my short wife to struggle helping me or trying to coordinate a friend coming over to help.
I bought the LEM 30# motorized stuffer. Have put close to 2000# of meat through it and it just keeps on truckin! Even snack sticks!

Reactions: bill ace 350
Sorry no pics, I grilled up one of each and tried them last night. There was some off flavor in both I am not sure how to explain it but it was the same taste in both and wasn't right. Not sure what though. Only two thing it could be were the casings, they were about 3 years old but in brine in fridge or it was the pork, pork was a combo of hand ground and store bought as I didn't have enough. Didn't smell anything bad when I was mixing it all up so not sure. I always clean my equipment very good as well. Not going to risk it and toss them sadly. 😓

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky