Hot & Fast Baby Backs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Shady

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 10, 2011
Knoxville TN
Ran into a little time crunch on these so not as many pics. Got home around 4:30p and family wanted ribs instead of the planned burgers.
B5C651BB-D26E-49EC-82F1-63D20CEABF84.jpeg

Started up the SmokeFire and set her to 300 using 100% cherry. First time really being on a time crunch and doing hot and fast so opted to score the membrane and season with my pork seasoning.
7D4956B5-CA91-4AAC-894A-8CDAC0FB6D07.jpeg

Threw them on and learned I had no apple juice on hand so just let them ride untouched for about 2hrs.
20B1BE57-FA1F-4DC3-ACD3-5BDB5EDD159E.jpeg

After two hours I basted two of them with Sweet Baby Rays and and pulled them at 201IT just under 3hrs total.
ACBAF7E2-0954-4DA0-8F3C-D135C0E24333.jpeg

Needless to say they didn’t last long. Not even long enough to really have a plate as everyone just stood around grabbing from the board.

Awesome looking ribs!
I have done the same thing, cranked the temp to get ’er done!
Nice Job!
Al

Nice job on those ribs
Thanks!
Awesome looking ribs!
I have done the same thing, cranked the temp to get ’er done!
Nice Job!
Al
I was surprised by it to say the least
Looks great
Tasted even better!
They look great and I'm guessing when you took a bite it pulled off the bone..
:-)
Not exactly, somewhere between a competition bite and all the meat pulling off the bone. I thinking leaving membrane on help and definitely added a nice snap to the bite.
Those ribs look great man! Might need to try out the hot and fast sometime.
Worth the try. Maybe we can do some up on The Hill if we ever get games back.
Ribs look perfect. Nice job!
Thank You

Looks great, I will leave the membrane on if I am doing a high temp took, I dont think it lets moisture leak out of the bottom as fast and helps keep moisture in

They look very juicy!! Congrats on the ride. I cook a lot of things hot and fast but haven’t tried ribs like that yet. I’ll have to.

Hot and fast works...and sweet baby ray's is a fine sauce IMHO! Like!
To me it is the best all purpose base bbq sauce. It’s not too much of any one flavor and doesn’t seem to clash with any rub or smoke choice.
Looks great, I will leave the membrane on if I am doing a high temp took, I dont think it lets moisture leak out of the bottom as fast and helps keep moisture in
Do you score it or just leave it be?
Those ribs look great! Nice job and congrats on the carousel ride!
Thank You
They look very juicy!! Congrats on the ride. I cook a lot of things hot and fast but haven’t tried ribs like that yet. I’ll have to.
This is my first “hot and fast” and I’m more open now to trying more.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky