HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mfreel

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 4, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
We had 60 mph winds in Omaha yesterday.  Knocked over my MES40.  Looked ok, but I'll have to fire it up this weekend to see if it's working.  Fell face first.  Glass and door looks ok.  It got tied down.

We had 60 mph winds in Omaha yesterday.  Knocked over my MES40.  Looked ok, but I'll have to fire it up this weekend to see if it's working.  Fell face first.  Glass and door looks ok.  It got tied down.
Sorry to hear that man - I hope it's ok 
icon14.gif
  If it was mine though I'd have to test it right away - I wouldn't be able to wait till the weekend to know!

Whoa...thanks for posting. We have some strong winds on occasion and even though my MES is somewhat sheltered, I think I better secure even more.  Sorry to hear about that, but hope it is ok.  I'm with Smoking B, I don't think I could wait. 

I'm in elkhorn, getting my mes next week and might need some tips! Just ordered my amnps today though!

Glad she's doing ok after this crazy weather

I'm in elkhorn, getting my mes next week and might need some tips! Just ordered my amnps today though!

Glad she's doing ok after this crazy weather
Welcome Zjolsen!!

Please go to "Roll Call" so you can be welcomed properly.

With an MES and an AMNPS, you have a Great team.

The other thing you should get would be a digital wireless therm set, like the Maverick ET-732.

Then you'll have a Good smoking box, a great smoke generator, and accurate smoking temperatures.

Bear

i'm on the other side of the state and had the same winds...they have been lasting for a few days now...today they are half of what they have been...luckily all i have to do is a lil shingle work on the bike shed...

Yup winds here in OMA sucked yesterday this week but I am lucky enough to have a awesome wife who allows me to bring it indoors covered for storage.

Could be worse. Your smoker (& everything else) could get sucked up in a twister. It's been a bad season for those right now.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky