• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!

mfreel

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Sep 4, 2013
We had 60 mph winds in Omaha yesterday.  Knocked over my MES40.  Looked ok, but I'll have to fire it up this weekend to see if it's working.  Fell face first.  Glass and door looks ok.  It got tied down.

smoking b

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 20, 2012

We had 60 mph winds in Omaha yesterday.  Knocked over my MES40.  Looked ok, but I'll have to fire it up this weekend to see if it's working.  Fell face first.  Glass and door looks ok.  It got tied down.
Sorry to hear that man - I hope it's ok 
  If it was mine though I'd have to test it right away - I wouldn't be able to wait till the weekend to know!

mtm29575

Smoke Blower
Joined Jun 28, 2013
Whoa...thanks for posting. We have some strong winds on occasion and even though my MES is somewhat sheltered, I think I better secure even more.  Sorry to hear about that, but hope it is ok.  I'm with Smoking B, I don't think I could wait. 

mfreel

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Sep 4, 2013
Couldn't wait, either.  Turned it on to 225 and it looks like it's okay.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Sorry to hear that----Hope it's A-OK !!!

And thanks for alerting others!!!

Bear

zjolsen

Joined Apr 29, 2014
I'm in elkhorn, getting my mes next week and might need some tips! Just ordered my amnps today though!

Glad she's doing ok after this crazy weather

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
I'm in elkhorn, getting my mes next week and might need some tips! Just ordered my amnps today though!

Glad she's doing ok after this crazy weather
Welcome Zjolsen!!

Please go to "Roll Call" so you can be welcomed properly.

With an MES and an AMNPS, you have a Great team.

The other thing you should get would be a digital wireless therm set, like the Maverick ET-732.

Then you'll have a Good smoking box, a great smoke generator, and accurate smoking temperatures.

Bear

redneck69

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 26, 2010
i'm on the other side of the state and had the same winds...they have been lasting for a few days now...today they are half of what they have been...luckily all i have to do is a lil shingle work on the bike shed...

little smokey

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 4, 2011
Yup winds here in OMA sucked yesterday this week but I am lucky enough to have a awesome wife who allows me to bring it indoors covered for storage.

mneeley490

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 23, 2011
Could be worse. Your smoker (& everything else) could get sucked up in a twister. It's been a bad season for those right now.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.