Horizon Smokers Customer Service...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jeffrey sabins

Original poster
Aug 12, 2016
Austin, TX
Anyone had a Horizon smoker delivered before? Any commentary on your experience would be appreciated.

Maybe I overestimate the organization of their welding operation over there, but requesting a rough ETA on delivery for a $1,500 purchase doesn't seem crazy to me. I have requested a rough ETA for delivery via two emails and a phone voicemail and have had no response back.

What do you think?

I've never had any first hand experience, but two years ago when I was doing a lot of research for buying a smoker, a lot of folks were disappointed with the Horizon customer service.

Good luck. I think it's a good smoker. Maybe a little overpriced, but a good smoker. Too bad their customer service is not up to par.

Reactions: jeffrey sabins

Anyone had a Horizon smoker delivered before? Any commentary on your experience would be appreciated.

Maybe I overestimate the organization of their welding operation over there, but requesting a rough ETA on delivery for a $1,500 purchase doesn't seem crazy to me. I have requested a rough ETA for delivery via two emails and a phone voicemail and have had no response back.

What do you think?
​I've had a tough time getting a hold of them as well and it seems to be typical.  I'm in the immediate market for a backyard smoker and wanted to try Horizon as I'm also looking at a trailer model down the road and like their offerings.  Had no joy with both e-mail and telephone and was about to give up when someone finally answered the phone.  Very amiable folks to deal with once I got through but the theretofore lack of response is disconcerting and violates (in my opinion) a major tenet of good business practice; though this seems to be increasingly common among businesses these days.  In any case, the smoker is ordered and now time will tell whether it was a good choice.

If you've already ordered your cooker and you're looking for an ETA, I'd keep trying.  If not, you'll have to weigh whether it's worth it.  I can tell you that you will not experience the same difficulty if Yoder has a cooker you're interested in.         

Reactions: jeffrey sabins

​I've had a tough time getting a hold of them as well and it seems to be typical.  I'm in the immediate market for a backyard smoker and wanted to try Horizon as I'm also looking at a trailer model down the road and like their offerings.  Had no joy with both e-mail and telephone and was about to give up when someone finally answered the phone.  Very amiable folks to deal with once I got through but the theretofore lack of response is disconcerting and violates (in my opinion) a major tenet of good business practice; though this seems to be increasingly common among businesses these days.  In any case, the smoker is ordered and now time will tell whether it was a good choice.

If you've already ordered your cooker and you're looking for an ETA, I'd keep trying.  If not, you'll have to weigh whether it's worth it.  I can tell you that you will not experience the same difficulty if Yoder has a cooker you're interested in.         
Good info. Thank you for the input.

Tenet of good business practice is right. However, I suppose a group of people who see themselves as welders/smokers and not as business people/customer service people has room in an industry like this. If the smoker performs for 10 years and I am still using it, I probably will tell everyone Horizon is awesome and not even remember the unanswered phone calls.

I have a Horizon RD Special and feel it to be an absolutely terrific smoker, and very well built. Trying to get those folks on the phone can be....."challenging," at times.

Do they have any of your money? If not I would pass if they can't come up with a rough ETA ,we all know issues arise but I would want some assurance on how the process was going. I wouldn't want to lose sleep over my smoker.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky