Hope My AMNPS comes today...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

beuler

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 25, 2013
North Dakota
Like i told Todd..I am giving this 5 stars without even trying it yet, because it has to be better then the MES40 wood tray. I cant believe you people smoke for Hours with out a bitter , caustic taste like the tray puts out..( That a full tray, 1 piece, or 1 chunk,,,,doesnt matter)

Thanks ! 

Joe

Please be sure to share your secret to keeping it burning. Shy of using a heat gun, or blow dryer, to get the pellets roaring like a jet engine, I'm not having much success thus far. I've not given up, now where's that blow dryer.........

Ya Trike, ive noticed you are having trouble with keeping it lit. I will let you know next week how it goes!

Joe

Like i told Todd..I am giving this 5 stars without even trying it yet, because it has to be better then the MES40 wood tray. I cant believe you people smoke for Hours with out a bitter , caustic taste like the tray puts out..( That a full tray, 1 piece, or 1 chunk,,,,doesnt matter)

Thanks ! 

Joe
The AMNPS are GREAT But.........

You may get the same results even using the AMNPS.(caustic taste)  . I have a MES 30  with the vent on the top.  I don't think the over smoke problem is totally because of the chip pan set up. The units need better venting and drafting  in order to allow stale smoke to exit the chamber faster.

On mine I took off the slotted vent adjustment plates  and stuck a pipe on the vent hole to act as a smoke stack.  Also when smoking using the AMNPS  I pull the chip loader out to allow for more air flow.

Reactions: beuler
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky