Honey Bourbon Habanero Wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BuckeyeSteve

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 17, 2018
This is a simple and quite tasty recipe I came up with. Here’s the ingredients.

AEDE3D3A-6970-432A-8339-F20FD1A034BB.jpeg

1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup bourbon
juice from 1/2 lime
six habanero peppers

Add honey, bourbon, minced habanero‘s and lime juice to a sauce pan. Simmer and reduce 50%. Stir in 3 tablespoons of butter. When it cools it will be the consistency of honey which can be brushed onto the wings.

I seasoned the wings with Penzeys Spices Galena Street Rib and Chicken Rub and placed them on the warming rack of my Weber gas grill. I let them slow cook for 1 hour at 300 deg. turning them after 1/2 hour. Then I increased the temp a little and started brushing on the sauce. Turn every 5 minutes or so and brush on more sauce. I did it 4 times. Any left over sauce makes a nice dipping sauce.
Top with chopped cilantro.

619BFB0A-11DE-4F85-87F5-79380D344FD0.jpeg

They were sticky, sweet, spicy and salty.
Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
They look and sound amazing!! I love the flavor of habanero in moderation.
It sounds like a lot of habanero’s, but with all the sweetness of the honey it really knocks down the heat.

I'd have to say that those are up there with some of the best looking wing's I've seen. Just beautiful...but you had me at Habanero. Those peppers are like bacon: they make everything better :emoji_laughing: Of course there's just something about bourbon too....

Robert

Great looking plate of wings!
Thank You
Thanks Brian
I'd have to say that those are up there with some of the best looking wing's I've seen. Just beautiful...but you had me at Habanero. Those peppers are like bacon: they make everything better :emoji_laughing: Of course there's just something about bourbon too....

Robert
I'm with you Robert, I like to add them to a lot of things I make.
Looks & sounds delicious!
Nicely done!
Al
Thank you Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky