homemade chili

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chris_harper

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 21, 2006
Waco, TX
i am making some chili, as i type, out of the beef shoulder roast i smoked. i have it in the crockpot, along with some diced jalepenos, rotel tomatoes, and tomato sauce. smells good! will see how it tastes in awhile.

While we're waiting to hear the good news ...

Has anyone ever had chilli made with beef chunks (like small stew beef) before? Got i in a resteruant once and it was very good. I think it was in Alabama or something.

it was good. i ate a big bowl of it. i have had chili with big chunks of beef before.

Chili must be on everyones mind tonight thats the same thing were having. Debi I like it with big chunks of beef too.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm . A nice bowl of chili sounds so good right now!!!

Chris, when you smoked the beef shoulder did you cook it to slicing temp or pull apart. Either way sounds excellent in chili!!

Nothing like a chill in the air to put chili on the brain :) . We'll have to try it with the smoked meat-sounds great. We have a chili cook every year for a big group and that sounds like a great addition to the table. Thanks Chris! Daun

Nothing like a chill in the air to put chili on the brain :) . We'll have to try it with the smoked meat-sounds great. We have a chili cook every year for a big group and that sounds like a great addition to the table. Thanks Chris! Daun

i took it to 200°. i added half a fatty to it fri, it was even better. i took it to work fri night to share with co-workers. got lots of "good stuff".

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky