Homemade Brats

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm interested in how this would turn out.  I bet the pineapple would add a nice flavor zest to a brat.  I'd love to try one.   If you ever talk your dad out of the recipe, send me a copy.  Looks great. 

Hmmm... (and Yummm)... looks like if you wanted to, you could put a little store out in front of your farm and have a nice little business going, even if it's just for the weeekends.

There's a family farm near my sister's house in PA that has a little store to sell their meats and other farm-fresh, home-made goodies. I stop there almost every time I go to visit her. They have their own "secret recipe" marinated meats that can't be beat! I can tell that there's soy sauce and garlic in the marinade, but I haven't tried to duplicate it...at least not yet. 
biggrin.gif

It just doesn’t get much better than homemade brats and sausage.  My father-in-law in the Michigan Upper Peninsula makes a pork/beef smoke sausage.  It is honestly to die for but I fear the recipe, that he keeps well hidden inside his brain, will pass away when he does.  Even the recipe for the smoke is a secret.  I do know a corn cob is involved.  Keep up the good work.  Loved the pics.

I gotta admit I've been thinking about and talking about pineapple in sausage ever since you posted it.  Then I reread your post.  Pizza sausage sounds awesome too!

Like Lazarus and JC....

Can anybody give me a difinitive answer on pineapple brats and how long they can be stored without the pineapple causing the meat to go to mush or wreck the casings? I am wanting to make a bunch of flavored brats and freeze them for summer use, but I dont want to waste a bunch of meat and time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky