Homemade Brats

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rstr hunter

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 8, 2009
Fort Pierre, SD
Last week was butchering week again.  Thought I'd break it up by sausages this year.  Sorry for not getting pics of everything as we had a lot going on at one time to get it all done. 

Here is 50# of homemade brats being stuffed.

We let them dry and old smoked them for 2 hours over Apple Wood.  Here they are cooling down after smoking before bagging.

After breaking my antique stuffer last year we got one off of ebay as it fit what we were looking for.  It worked OK, but more food waste with a bigger elbow from the pot to the tube.  We ended up cutting down waste by looking to alternate lighter coloerd sausage and darker sausages and cutting it off while stuffing.  Probably not the right way to do it but it worked for us. 

Looks Geat.............
icon14.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky