HomeDepot Cookshack knock off

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It looks like a nice rig. At $1,100 I hope it is decent quality, which it looks to be. Of course, HD stuff can be deceiving.

It's not a knock off and licensed to build by Fast Eddy, just like he licensed Cook Shack, the obvious difference of course is the Cook Shack Grill is SS, other differences are the FE CS grill has a more sophisticated controller, a SS heat diverter and SS grate over the direct grilling section, other than that they are one in the same.

Beauty is in the eye of beholder, Englander is a good company, this is not a cheap import knockoff and built to Fast Eddy's specs. So it's up to the individual to determine whether they want to pay $1100 or $1700

My main concern was patent infringement. But that doesn’t seem to be an issue. I’m not interested in this particular unit due to the zone feature. But I’m curious as to the build quality. Weighs a lot. Wondering if anyone has tried it out.

Hmmmm. Maybe just me but I don’t see $1100 of build/features there.

Don't forget, our Friends across the pond also have a VAT tax. It's a lovely way to add on costs.
Called a Value Added Tax (VAT).
Poor buggers. :(
Makes the one or two days a year they could Bar-B-Que terribly expensive.
God save the Queen! ;)

Beauty is in the eye of beholder, Englander is a good company, this is not a cheap import knockoff and built to Fast Eddy's specs. So it's up to the individual to determine whether they want to pay $1100 or $1700

+1
I've known a few folks that own the Englander and have nothing but good things to say about them. Lowes also sells the same grill under a different brand name:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Summers-Heat-513-sq-in-Satin-Black-Pellet-Grill/50149432

I've also seen it sold under the Smoke N' Sear brand.

It's not a knock off and licensed to build by Fast Eddy, just like he licensed Cook Shack, the obvious difference of course is the Cook Shack Grill is SS, other differences are the FE CS grill has a more sophisticated controller, a SS heat diverter and SS grate over the direct grilling section, other than that they are one in the same.

I could be wrong, but I think the Englander also lacks the warming drawer that the PG has.

I could be wrong, but I think the Englander also lacks the warming drawer that the PG has.
You are right it doesn't have the warming drawer, I just failed to mention it, a couple other things are the Englander has a front shelf included vs having to order one for the PG. If a warming drawer is important, Englander has a warming box as an option that attaches atop the grill and is much larger than the drawer on the PG. If someone wanted to upgrade the heat shield from steel to SS and direct cooking grate from cast iron to SS later on down the road the PG parts will fit without any mods.

If I were looking at these grills I would spend the extra on the Fast Eddy because of the SS body, SS direct cooking grate and the more sophisticated controller. If I had to be more budget conscience and I really liked the 4 cooking zone grill that Fast Eddy designed, I would buy the Englander without hesitation.

Last edited:
If anyone has doubt call Karen Hoogendorn at Cookshack. This “knockoff” is legitimate like stated above, and with the differences as identified. No infringement. One either likes it or doesn’t.

If anyone has doubt call Karen Hoogendorn at Cookshack. This “knockoff” is legitimate like stated above, and with the differences as identified. No infringement. One either likes it or doesn’t.
I love it. Are you really limited to pellets though? That seems like a no so welcome restriction.

old sarge old sarge I can't quite figure why anyone would intentionally make themselves dependent on wood pellet manufacturers to run their smoker.

Unless one has an old fashioned stick burner and access to free wood from their own property or from neighbors who have trees, we are intentionally dependent upon LP or natural gas producers, charcoal producers and if one has an electric smoke, the electric company PLUS some wood generally purchased when we buy such a cooking apparatus that uses the aforementioned fuels.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky