Home Place Pastures Como MS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Memphis901

Original poster
Jun 28, 2021
Does anyone have experience using Home Place Pastures in Como MS? I have been looking for a new source for Beef and don't know anything about them or know anyone that has used them.

Does anyone have experience using Home Place Pastures in Como MS?

Yes, I have some experience with them. I received some of their products in a Christmas exchange with our good friend Jim ( JLeonard JLeonard ) and fell in love with them. Mostly I've gotten pork products and all have been outstanding. I also got a couple Osso Bucco cuts of beef that were incredible!! I'll get the links to the threads and post them here in a minute.

Robert

Reactions: JLeonard
Here is the link to the Osso Bucco thread I did a while back.

Robert

This is a pork thread I just posted a couple days ago. It's still on the main page but these were the best chops ever!!

Robert

I recommend a drive down to Como and have lunch at their shop (their hamburgers are great). They have a case with different cuts of meat as well as a freezer section. Of interest also is that they have a "oops" freezer. You can get highly discounted cuts in there. Also in their shop they have rubs and sauces from local places. Its about an hour drive from Memphis. So if anything you have only lost 2 hours and the cost of lunch to go down.
Also they might work you a deal if you want to buy in bulk.

Jim

Placed an order from them last week but haven’t received it yet. Nice selection and good prices. I was surprised by the shipping cost though. 6lb of various meats plus some other small stuff for $144 which was very reasonable. However, $57 for shipping was then added on… $57! I decided to place the order because I have heard great things about them and I really want to try their meat but come on. If Weber can ship a 358lb grill for free how can 6lb cost $57? I get that they might not have huge margins and all that but still. $10-20 for shipping would’ve been more reasonable imo

• Wow
Reactions: negolien
However, $57 for shipping was then added on…

This is the trick that everybody needs to check on before placing an order anywhere. Find out what the minimum order is to get free shipping. When I placed my order not long ago it was a $200 minimum to qualify for free shipping. You spent that much but if you'd added the food to your cart, you'd have $57 dollars more food for the same amount of money and no shipping cost :emoji_wink:

Robert

This is the trick that everybody needs to check on before placing an order anywhere. Find out what the minimum order is to get free shipping. When I placed my order not long ago it was a $200 minimum to qualify for free shipping. You spent that much but if you'd added the food to your cart, you'd have $57 dollars more food for the same amount of money and no shipping cost :emoji_wink:

Robert
If that’s the case then I’m really pissed at myself haha. I checked everywhere on the site and found no info on minimum order for free shipping 😳

If that’s the case then I’m really pissed at myself haha. I checked everywhere on the site and found no info on minimum order for free shipping

Don't be pissed. Be happy and chalk it up as a learning experience. After I looked over the site I saw a few things I'd have liked to order but was curious about shipping costs so I emailed them....for the exact reason you noted: I saw nothing on the web site. Almost every company out there offering online ordering has a minimum for free shipping. You just have to ask. If you have not gotten shipping notification you might be able to cancel the order and start over.

Robert

Don't be pissed. Be happy and chalk it up as a learning experience. After I looked over the site I saw a few things I'd have liked to order but was curious about shipping costs so I emailed them....for the exact reason you noted: I saw nothing on the web site. Almost every company out there offering online ordering has a minimum for free shipping. You just have to ask. If you have not gotten shipping notification you might be able to cancel the order and start over.

Robert
I just called them. They don’t offer free shipping at any order size at the moment. They ran that as a special promotion for a period of time and probably will again at some point in the future but not right now.

• Sad
Reactions: negolien
However, $57 for shipping was then added on
That does seem high but then again, the styrofoam box, freezer packs plus actual shipping. Still a bit high but they also ship off dimensional weight. It’s a goofy deal but keeps from paying very little for large light products. Not saying it’s the right price but it’s a bit more than just weight.

Edit: I do like their idea with buying whole pigs or half cows. That they break it up into four shipments is cool. Won’t over stuff the freezer.

Last edited:
That does seem high but then again, the styrofoam box, freezer packs plus actual shipping. Still a bit high but they also ship off dimensional weight. It’s a goofy deal but keeps from paying very little for large light products. Not saying it’s the right price but it’s a bit more than just weight.
And the price is off whole inches, not half. I have paid twice what I thought it should cost because they rounded up the measurements to whole numbers. Had I known that, I would have cut the box down to fit the next smaller size!

And the price is off whole inches, not half. I have paid twice what I thought it should cost because they rounded up the measurements to whole numbers. Had I known that, I would have cut the box down to fit the next smaller size!
Yup, they always round up for charging you. Then they destroy the box so it’s much smaller when it’s delivered. That is the cost you should pay off of. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: indaswamp
Free shipping until Sunday night. Stock up boys!
5AC6B361-EAD1-4D15-8102-3BC67B3A5570.png

Reactions: TH-n-PA and TNJAKE
I have been down there a few times now JLeonard JLeonard was right their lunch is awesome. They now are starting to have Lamb as well.

It's not a bad drive from Collierville TN

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky