Home made smoker for brother in law

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That is an impressive looking rig, Andy. Wish you were closer, I'd ask you to build me one!!

About the color scheme, what are his two favorite darker colors? You could paint the door to match the legs of the beast, as well as the roof of the smoker. Paint the rest of it a different color. Maybe put a logo on the side of his favorite team? My $0.02.

Andy, That is just great looking. WOW. Let me know if you need another bro-in-law. I can drive over and pick it up.
biggrin.gif

Sumo, Thanks for bumping. I missed this thread earlier.

Now that is an accomplishment to be very proud of.
Excellent feeling of satisfaction.
All I can say is HE'D BETTER TAKE GREAT CARE OF YOUR SISTER ! ;)
That's cool Dude!

Andy that is 1 Fine looking smoker-very well designed and constructed-u be the man!! and your bro in law must take good care of your sis for u to think of him this way.As far as a paint job-what are his tastes? If I were closer I see your compressor will handle my air brushes & gun-we could have fun comming up with somthing.

Sorry for the confusion. brother in law is my wifes oldest brother.
Andy.

color scheme.......??

How bout JOHN DEERE GREEN!.......heh

.............or not.........
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

nice work, Andy....almost looks "factory built".....cep'n that it's missin a paint job......lol

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

L8r,
Eric

Andy that thing is awesome really looks good. You and your brother in law should be proud you for building it and him for owning it

Well I picked up the smoker from the sandblasting place today, and man, am I ever TICKED off. They destroyed it. All the panels are so bent out of shape, doors are all twisted. I have no idea how I am going to fix this right now. I guess I need to look at it tomorrow after I chill for the night.

Sorry, just venting some steam...........
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

they obviously did it with to much pressure on the sand sometimes thinner metal will do that, they should have turned it down, I'm sorry to hear that they ruined it, you did a very good job

You should eb very proud of your accomplishment. The layout and workmanship is excecllant. I like the idea of the lower door assembly rather than one large door. Wish mine had that so I didn't loose all my heat when adding more wood. I may try and mod mine to serve the same purpose. Post more pics when you get time.

Dang Andy... Hate to hear about the sand blasting thing!! You seem to have awesome skills though. Maybe you can fix it. Keep us posted!

Good luck!

Aww crap! Are there braces on the doors? If not, maybe tack on some small angle stock on one edge, torque it back and clamp, tack the other?

Man... those guys should know better. I hope ya din't pay them!

Sorry to hear about that:-(

What were they thinking? How did they react when you picked it up?

Maybe you should release there name and we all can tie up their phone lines for a few weeks!!

I hope its fixable,

Steve

Andy, That is an awesome smoker that ya built. I am sure you can"spring " it back into use. I see ya got a big compressor in your shop, for what ya paid these bozos, you may have been able to get a portable blaster from harbor freight or rent one. I bought one last year for 125 bucks, and hve used it alot for trailers, and other repainting jobs.

I would like to offer a suggestion on your smoker though. Everything looks great, but on long smokes I fear that the area under the coal pan will fill with ash and snuff out your draw from below. Maybe you could make a vent/slide out door directly below, to loose some of the ash when needed. I would also recomend some type of handle on the coal bin/basket, to make it easier to"shake the coals" for increased heat,or hotter burn. It would also make the refueling easier. Just a friendly suggestion.

Looking forward to the final finished pics, and some food cooked on that bad boy!
icon_smile.gif

Looks good, hopefully you can straighten it out.

So, you got any sisters? I could use a brother in law like you!!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky